Beer so Expensive

I was surprised by the Kirin JPL. It was good, but the Kirin IPA was godawful. Agreed that the evil twin is a nice find. Its even better on taco night. I’ve not been to the Corner. thanks for the advice.

Yes, like algae beer. Strangely tastes like popcorn to me. Anyone else had it? I think its out of Yilan
IMG_2308

1 Like

Green Algae beer…Never heard or seen it, I want to try… Yilan you say… can you get it in Taipei?

No thank you! Oyster Stout anyone?

DuffBeer

Ahhh Duff…

Happy hour…but all the way in Bitan you say?

I’ve never seen it in Taipei. I had this one on Green Island. I also had it at 巢吧 in Hualien. It sounds nasty, but I rather enjoyed it. Just leave expectation at the door.

1 Like

‘Carnegies’ has best happy hour, that’s why it’s called ‘crazy hour’ from 6 to 7pm.
And I think they have craft beers.

1 Like

There is no one there so if you’re alone it’s not really a happy hour. There are lots of happy hours all within 5 or 10 Kuai of each other and with better atmosphere without the stinky bar smell.

Tango42, just informing the OP of inexpensive beer options. Not my bar to go to, maybe 10 years ago, when the place had some character. Cheapest beer options… Family mart/7 11, keeping it real, eye candy, especially around Zhong Xiao East Road. I miss the old Gentlemen’s Lounge (the 7 11 across from the old Luxy) :wink:

Ah, the air of despair. What would a bar without the smells of bad beer, stale vomit, and cheap perfume be?

Might want to check again. They started carrying more “summer” beers a couple of months ago. All the 7-11s in Zhongli have them.

I still think the 24-pack of Kirkland Craft Brewed Ales in Costco for NT$999 is a bargain. Just over NT$41/bottle for an IPA, Pale Ale, Session IPA, and a German Ale.

Did you enjoyed it? I had it once, never again.

Beer Geek. Happy Hour Tuesdays. 180NT per draft.

Cheapest I’ve ever heard of it.

1 Like

Just picked up a 12-pack of Fat Tire for 13 bucks. I feel you guyzez pain (through the alcoholic buzz).

Oh cool they have Fat Tire in Taiwan, where did you buy it?

gross - i like the people who make it but hate the barley beer.

What?! New Belgium in Taiwan??

Fat Tire, or Flat Tire? I’ve only seen Flat Tire in Taiwan.

1 Like

Of course not. Even if they imported it, you know it would be at least three times that price. I’m in Oregon. The lack of sales tax here makes everything super-cheap.