Beets, other veges and fruit for juicing at a good cost

Word of warning if you decide to throw some red dragon fruit into the mix.

Every year when it comes in season and gets into the juice, the first morning after, I get a massive 3 or 4 second bowel cancer freakout before I remember I had some.

Same as when I go back to the homeland and eat beets.

Iā€™ll stay away from the dragon fruit!

Same thing happened to me just the other day. Took me a few minutes to make the connection. Thatā€™s some industrial grade natural dye!

Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s good and a decent low-carb source of potassium and stuff, just do yourself a favour and maybe put a Post It on the bathroom mirror saying

IT WAS THE DRAGON FRUIT

2 Likes

I really am surprised at how much I like carrot, beet, apple, ginger juice. Even kale and spinach taste good.

Question: do you use the beet cooked or raw? I see them putting it in raw here, in the ol country we never had it raw.

Everything Iā€™m juicing is raw. I did soak and juice soybeans, then cook the milk.

Jasonā€™s and Wellcome usually have some beets. Wellcome had real jalapenos the other day. For kale, the only place that Iā€™ve found is Nice Green. http://www.nice-green.com.tw/index.asp They are the reason that I decided to add juice to my diet. Their restaurant is not bad either if want healthy food.

Our traditional market has several vendors selling beets. Locally planted I am told. They are a big thing right now. Furthermore, even Costco has gotten into the fad and is selling salads with beets.

Rusian salad, mmm.

1 Like