Berlin Culture Clash : Muslims versus Gays

What will the liberals do? You have Muslims in Europe demanding to fire a gay teacher, but it’s practically illegal in Europe to criticize Muslims or Islam. So will liberal Europe bend to the demands of Islam or continue to be liberal?

I think it’s pretty clear how Germany would deal with that issue. A more interesting topic would be what would you do.

Maybe the Muslim parents should have their hands chopped off for insulting Western culture? You know, give them a taste of their own medicine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually it’s not clear. I doubt Germany would fire him since he hasn’t done anything illegal. When Muslims become the majority in an area and gain positions in Government, sharia law follows and then violence starts against those who go against Islam. Sweden is a good example in certain areas.

Germany is also a good example letting in millions of people who are opposed to their culture and all the attacks that happened and the government trying to cover them up.

How is it different from conservative Christians already there in Europe and the Americas who are homophobes? Pretty sure there are way more of those on both sides of the Atlantic.

The difference is in the trend line. Homophobes are on the decline, but Muslims are on the rise.

1 Like

They were insulting the culture with their hands?

Well, I was going to suggest chopping off their heads, but it seemed a little extreme. :yum: They can consider the hand as a warning.

I’ve never met any Christian (even of the Evangelical and Fundamentalist variety. even Mormons that I’ve met.) that wanted to stone homosexuals like is prescribed in Islamic law.

Is it?

From the Hadith:

“The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot’s people (Sodomites) did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done.”

“If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death.”

That’s not the Koran however, and there are considerable differences of opinion.

Notably however it is stated explicitly in Leviticus “'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”

Seek, and ye shall find.

How many Christian countries (if there is such a thing) have laws on the books making homosexuality a capital offense?

According to the Washington Post, homosexual acts may be punishable by death in Yemen, Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan and the UAE.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/13/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death-2/?utm_term=.b3e09a9d2426

1 Like

That’s changing the goalposts.

Is this an admission that there is an equivalent situation in Islamic and Christian scripture?

You questioned whether stoning homosexuals was prescribed in Islamic law, and I quoted text from the Hadith showing that it is. And surely having actual government laws on the books in the present day that prescribe the death penalty for homosexuality is far worse. The goalposts remain firmly in place.

And I stated that the situation in Islamic law is unclear and that there are equivalent proscriptions in Christian scripture. Then you started talking about current governments and current law. The goalposts have been moved.

I’m not sure what your point is, except to create some kind of false equivalency. I never made any claims about what Christian scripture may or may not say about what should be done to gay people. But homosexuals are actually being stoned to death and otherwise executed in the Middle East, in many cases supported or condoned by governments. I’m not a fan of Christianity, but at least you don’t see Christians going around stoning homosexuals (or throwing them off buildings, etc.)

When did Uganda repeal the death penalty? I missed that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory

Sorry, my bad. They reduced it to life imprisonment, and then it still got defeated by the Constitutional Court.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda_Anti-Homosexuality_Act,_2014

I was responding to NR, so not sure why you’re saying any of this to me.