Best places to eat after midnight near Guting?

May I please ask do you guys know some good places to eat in Da’an near guting, dongman, CKS, or Taipower after midnight? I just ask because I am often up late

Maybe out of the way but the restaurants on Fuxing S Road south of Xinyi are longtime standbys.

1 Like

Thank you, I will give it a try.

Panos Cafe is 24 hours near Dongmen. Sugar Man Cafe is open until 4am near Guting. ‘Great! Pig Bar!’ opens past 12 I think, near Shida. Rebirth Cafe near Taipower is open until 2am.

If you’re visiting any of the above, I would probably call first just in case they close earlier.

There should be a lot of soy milk breakfast places open in all areas of Taipei also.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Yes, the Taiwanese late night snack. Those are a must try if you haven’t yet.

Another midnight snack that a lot of locals eat are the braised dishes (滷味). Put those words into Google maps and add Guting and there’s bound to be some sitting around.

Not sure how healthy you want to be, but there’s always the option of popcorn chicken (鹽酥雞)

1 Like

There’s a row of food stalls along the side of the Taipei Postal Hospital (on Nanchang Rd., one block west of Roosevelt) that stay open till late at night. The food isn’t amazing, but will hit the spot if you’re hungry.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. You’ve been really helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

The Yonghe Douzhang at the corner of Heping and Jinshan, obviously, though the people who work there are pretty gruff.

Sukiya near Guting is 24 hours.

Also, the McDonald’s at Guting is 24 hours, but you might want to skip the bathroom.

There’s also some sort of library/computer cafe above Sushi Express that I think is 24 hours too.

1 Like

Hi Super Fire, it’s funny you should say that. For some reason the lady at Yonghe Douzhan gave me a free omelete one time. I am still not sure why. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for all of your suggestions. They are very helpful

Well, they can’t charge for the ones that fell on the floor. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, or she probably said “this egg has been here for a while, he won’t know the difference”.

…or Ah yi’s have soft spots for a shuài gē?

You guys are all so glass half empty.

That would imply I should’ve gotten free stuff when I was there… but I didn’t :face_with_raised_eyebrow::sweat_smile:

You think too much of yourself.

Ah Yi knows you’re a lazy mf who hasn’t gotten back on his bike in what feels like a millennia. She can smell the laziness. Last time I checked, laziness doesn’t equal shuai.

1 Like