Best Value Neighborhoods

very much appreciate the lively convo on here. Quick question: so not only does my common sense scream: “don’t do it!”, but 591’s website also suggests not to give payment before signing any contract. But I found an amazing place on 591 in the Daan area for an even better price. Turns out the owner lives in London and is trying to rent it out from there. I asked him if I could see the place and he ended up telling me that since he is in London, he is going to have to hire a company (Fedex Realty Century), hand them the paperwork, then have them authenticate it and send me an email and an invoice to pay the first month’s rent and security deposit (another month’s rent). Then after receiving payment, the agency will send an agent to taipei to deliver me the keys and show me the apartment. If I like the apartment, I can move in whenever. If I don’t, they will supposedly refund me the money on the spot. I almost felt ridiculous typing this out because of its scam-my nature, but the fact that this place is so nice is that I contemplated it at one point. The guy took the posting off 591 and our emails ended in me pretty much telling him to fuck off, but he reposted the place and I kind of want to send him an apologetic email asking him to take me back jajajaja. Thoughts?!?!?!?!