Beware 'steve in taiwan'

Then …

[quote=“AWOL”]gee, you must have been lucky

I know plenty (and have worked for a few) Australian and US companies that havent paid on time, have forgotten to do the banking etc etc. Its an SME issue. If their clients dont pay on time then often they can’t pay on time. Its sloppy business practice, not sloppy Taiwan only business practice.

e.g. one former boss owes US$100’s of 1000’s to former employees in back salary, expenses etc.

often, no, actually, VERY often clients dont pay on time (the 5th as you put it). Suppliers push for extensions to pay etc etc.

currently I am working for a company full of driven, inspired individuals both foreign and Taiwanese alike. mod lang, your generalisations about Taiwanese work practices are a little over the top.[/quote]
:cop: Sir, step out of the vee-hick-el. License and registration please.

:noway: Huh?

:cop: Mr. AWOL, do you know why I’ve stopped you today? Well, your message exceeded the PC limit. Yep, that’s right.

:s Is that right? Well, I had no idea.

:cop: Sir, you know that companies in western countries pay their employees on time as a rule, that everyone expects it, and some of those same countries even set the practical standard for global punctuality. Furthermore, you know that as a rule, this does not occur in Taiwan.

:astonished: Well, officer, now that you put it that way …

:cop: Ok, Sir, have a nice day. Drive safely.