Bicycle cameras

Looks nice, but $400 USD is a bit out of my budget.

It would be nicer if it had 360 degree recording.

Yes, the price does hurt…a lot. I am hoping for a downgraded version to be released. It seems like Garmin jam packed this unit with every possible feature.

I would be happy with the GPS and ANT+ which the other units have, but I know that the other units are on the heavier side of action cams.

Looks like Garmin came out fighting with this one. Thanks for posting the link.

I’m still in the market for one of these so hopefully I’ll pick one up before xmas. The SJCAM just didn’t do it for me, looked too cheap.

My friend just picked up an SJCAM 5000x Elite. Compared to my old SJ4000 1080p version it’s a huge huge step up. The unit itself is a little higher quality build than other SJCAMs. One of the things I don’t like about SJCAMS is that once put in it’s case the sounds the mic picks up drops by a lot.

Here’s a video I made with the the unit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_q3Q5r8rEI

It was mounted to the bike and you can tell when he was riding out of the saddle and swaying the bike, the Sony IMX Sensor definitely dies down the wabbling of video. Unfortunately, the settings were not set at 2K, but only at 1080p. He was more concerned about battery life that day rather than video quality.

I bought an SJCam and I would say the video quality is decent, but may be a bit grainy at times. GoPro is definitely better. The burst mode for pictures on the SJCam I bought is horrible. If you use it frequently, then I’d definitely buy a good one.

If you have money I’d get something better than the SJCAM, but for video, it’s alright for a casual user.

To an extent, I agree with this. If you’re buying the lower end SJ4000 or even the low end SJ5000, you are getting what you pay for. However, I think the higher end SJCAM models can compete with some GoPro models.

I think the biggest difference is that the anti-shake on GoPros are much better than SJCAM units.

I’m thinking about the GoPro Hero 4 Session, but it hasn’t been getting great reviews and people are saying to just go with the Hero4 black/silver. I need something that I can use for recreation as well as as dash cam for my scooter. My old SJCAM just didn’t do the trick since it couldn’t even make out license plate numbers on a clear sunny day. You guys have any experience with the Hero 4 Session?