Bill o'reilly let go from Fox News

Bill O’reilly finally gets the boot from fox. Thoughts?

It’s just about money. Too many advertisers were leaving, which took away money from daddy Murdoch. Mess with daddy and he’s gonna spank you.

He was such an asshole. Fox is going to have a great time replacing him with another asshole.

1 Like

What kind of stupid repeatedly sexually harasses in the workplace these days? That’s reason enough to give a talking head the heave ho.

Not necessarily exclusively about money. The article below provides some insight. Public perception is also important. Believe it or not, Fox does not want to be an advocate for sexual harassment. First, Ailes; now O’Reilly. Both of them are pigs. The TL;DR version is the brothers Murdoch want to renovate the program. Rebrand, whatever. The old man was resistant to change, but ultimately rolled over.

I think it could go either way. They’re running out of bankable options. Don’t forget, O’Reilly has been around for 20 some-odd years (21 on Fox, to be exact). Massive shoes to fill. They don’t have anybody in the stable. Remember “Fuck it! We’ll do it live!”? He’s a legend. [Thanks some dude on Reddit who posted the video yesterday. Nice to see it again. Amazing. Must see.]

Nearly every other blowhard on TV has flamed out or is on the verge of career implosion. Beck, Jones, and Limbaugh are finished. The racist blond lady archetype has been ruined. Milo who? The rest of 'em, the Steve Doocys of the world? Hahahaha. There is no bigger twat on the planet than Steve Doocy.

One would think, right?

When the top dog in the land is a self-admitted misogynist, it’s pretty much a free-for-all down in the trenches. This has obviously been going since before you and I were born. O’Reilly was probably the biggest star in the news game. Thirteen million is nothing to him. It’s a third palace in Aspen. “Fuck it! I’ll write another book!”

Let us not forget that these were settlements; none of the allegations went legal. Can we trust the veracity of the allegations? Probably. It’s just a hunch. If you got nothing on me and threaten sexual harassment, I’m gonna say, “See you in court.” But I’m not a $200 million dollar a year cash cow. I have very little to lose by fighting. Again, $13 million is nothing. Divided by five women, gee, that’s not a lot of money. If someone had really wanted to score big, they’d have filed suit already. Take your paltry $2 million and stuff it.

Here’s the gist of my thoughts on O’Reilly in toto. We haven’t seen the last of him, not by a long shot. Unless his private plane goes down in the Atlantic. But you know where you won’t see a single mention of him? On Fox News. Check their front page. Not even a squeak.* That’s fuckin’ awesome and I only read Fox to get the other side of the story.

*Except if you scroll down to the very very bottom, The O’Reilly Factor is still listed as a show. The IT eggheads have been napping.

Bill was one self righteous bastard, giving racist and misogynistic ideas a safe haven.
Some of his most ridiculous racist comments below…Some of it is so ridiculous I can’t help but laugh. It’s the kind of really backward light racism you see from old people that they think it’s ok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ucJhwWB7Y

One thing that always annoyed me about him was he would bring people on his show to interview and not allow them to speak at all shouting over them any time they disagree with him and cut off any of their sentences.

This is one of my favorite lol
Dr “Your number is wrong”
Bill “take it up with the national institute of health”
Dr “I AM A COUNCIL MEMBER of the nation institute of health”
Bill “I doubt thats the fact”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgaSgzvVR6Q

Oh, the hypocritical double standards. Like left wing blowhards are any better in this regard.

Now, for some insight:

Is that written from the left? I don’t think advertisers are truly at issue here. If advertisers leave, the audience is still alive and well, and even bigger, it would be a fairly easy thing to get new advertisers where there is demand. This is how it worked out with Rush, the advertisers who first fled then realized what a bad business choice they were making.

The advertisers were flooded with these fake bots that the dishonest left is always using to make 10 people seem like a majority on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Those in politics understand this since it started with Obama and not surprised by it anymore. But advertisers are not used to this, they don’t usually have to deal with politics and Democrat techniques, so they were easily frightened into thinking this represents reality. If O’Reilly’s team had been on top of this and knew what kind of campaign was being raised against them, they could have survived it easily, and they should have known better.

Basically it’s another case of Democrats upset that they are losing everything, elections, public opinion, almost everywhere, and trying to flex their muscles. It worked here this time, but not next time, people are getting educated about their ways.

Also the factor that Murdoch’s sons and wives are not necessarily conservative. And they would pressure for his removal anyhow, but because they are like the advertisers, don’t understand the campaign and what’s really behind it, that adds much impetus.

So it’s ok because the other side is not any better huh… great, no wonder the world is going to shit.

[quote=“jotham, post:8, topic:159640, full:true”]
The advertisers were flooded with these fake bots that the dishonest left is always using to make 10 people seem like a majority on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Those in politics understand this since it started with Obama and not surprised by it anymore.[/quote]

I knew the man was clever, but damn, he invented bots? :astonished: What else has he invented?

2 Likes

I did not know someone had to be a democrat to think sexual harassment was wrong, along with the constant racist BS he says.
[/quote]
Nothing as been proven in this regard yet. Even so, for Democrats, there is a double standard about what is sexual harassment for different people. Bill Clinton is a known rapist, far worse than what is alleged here, and not much protest about that. It’s not that only Democrats think sexual harassment is wrong, but it is only Democrats who use it inconsistently as a political tool to wield on their political foes.

Remind me, which court convicted Bill of rape?

Invent bots? You have to be kidding, it’s all over the news, are you not aware of this? Dormant profiles and accounts on Facebook and Twitter ready to be mobilized in an instant for special occasions like this to give the appearance of spontaneous protest, sending emails to all these advertisers, making them think thousands or millions of people are upset about them advertising for O’Reilly, when most people in those numbers won’t even be keeping track of that kind of thing.

I didn’t invent them, and conservatives aren’t the ones who are known to be dishonestly using them because they’re losing in debates. It’s Democrats, that’s why you have them in so many huge numbers, to make it seem like there are that many Democrats on the Web.

Ha, this is not even debated anymore, even Democrat women roll their eyes and have stopped defending this about him anymore, especially as he’s out of office now. He was impeached, but not voted out for his lying about sex with Lewinsky, but he had his lawyer’s license revoked for it.

I’m not interested in counting who has the most bots. I’m asking you why you say Obama deserves the credit for this social media innovation.

Re Bill, I know what you’re talking about, and I’m not offering an opinion on who is or isn’t innocent or guilty or who is or isn’t a decent or terrible person. But perjury is not rape, and you’re whining about double standards.

If one Bill doesn’t deserve the presumption of innonence, why does another Bill deserve it?

Or the Donald, for that matter… :whistle:

I’m just going to refram from arguing with someone that says ha commenting lol. I notice how instead of debating that maybe bill is innocent, we turned to bots did this, not that he is accused of sexual harassment. And they the left is no better instead of hey, sexual harassment is wrong. Maybe we should serious consider letting the man be on tv. But I guess it’s a world where people are cool with a president that openly admits sexual assaults proudly.

[quote=“Andrew0409, post:17, topic:159640, full:true”]
Maybe we should serious consider letting the man be on tv. [/quote]

Who, Bill or Jotham? :popcorn:

[quote=“yyy, post:16, topic:159640, full:true”]
I’m not interested in counting who has the most bots. I’m asking you why you say Obama deserves the credit for this social media innovation.[/quote]

Being a community organizer, I wouldn’t doubt it was his idea, a community of millions of supporters that could be immobilized giving favorable opinions on networks in his favor. Whether it was his idea or not is immaterial, but they were first noticeably employed during his campaigns/administration.

Silly, I’m not saying he raped Lewinsky. But he did have sex with her and lied about it, and there were court cases, women actually suing him, and Juanita Broadderick was a Democrat (well all of them were), very believable, and people know he had a huge problem with women, that isn’t debatable.

O’Reilly may be another Clinton, but we hardly know enough yet. I think Trump was correct in saying that he made a mistake in settling and should have gone the whole way.

At any rate, be that as it may, that is separate from the campaign against advertisers, that was not spontaneous.

I’m pretty sure if fox could have kept him on they would have. I’m sure the people that made that decision is way more informed on the numbers that goes into keeping him vs letting him go and obviously the cost was too high to keep their number guy, also the guy that’s the most successful in cable tv.

I don’t know how much influence this has, but must surely have some. Murdoch’s sons and wives are not conservative. Something like this could be ammunition for them to exert pressure.