Bitten by insect in the toilet last Friday

TBH my memories are a little bit blurry so I’m not 100% sure if this happened in the toilet itself or on the way to it, in the staircase. Before anybody says anything, I was well protected, wearing blue jeans.

Now I work in an older building, dunno if this is a factor. So I felt like a bite, nothing serious, on my left leg, near the knee, in the inner side of my leg. At the moment this happened my trousers were on, and I don’t remember to have put them down, not that toilet run.

So what it started as a mosquito bite became very itchy and burning a while later. The next day there was a 1.5-2 cm wide circle of burning redness around what would be the bite, which turned darker, like a healing sore. Necrosis? dunno.

I said that I was wearing blue jeans, which should be thick enough for protecting my skin from mosquitoes, but who knows…

I have seen small “jumping” spiders at home, and AFAIK there aren’t any bed bugs at home, but my neighbour’s dog has had issues with fleas. I haven’t slept at her place nor visited her in a while.

Sometimes this burns a lot, it’s terrible… will post pictures sometime later…

Go to the doctors! My friend got a spider bite started the same then it turned purple and a hole grew then it became size of a golf ball then it ate the flesh to the bone.

Go to a Doctor immediately. It sounds like a trombidiformes (mite 恙蟲) bite. If it is, it is potentially lethal. Could also be Rove beetle (隱翅蟲).

P_20171210_144000P_20171210_143950

I took these pictures yesterday, and the following just now:

I think that the red area was probably a bit smaller than what I said, but also it’s becoming smaller, I think.

It was really itchy today at 10 AM, but now I don’t feel much…

A little offtopic, but consider yourself lucky. Could be worse. Could be like this:

Call us when your leg falls off! :wink:

Wait. I’m reading that some of them are RED. Last week I left a piece of red pepper in a pot (as natural “fertilizer” and I noticed a few days later that there were LOTS of red bugs eating it. I assumed that the color would come from the food they were eating (the pepper). They were tiny, about half millimeter or so.

I crushed everything, peppers and bugs with a few big leaves because I didn’t want to have pests in my plants…

Peter, is that you?

Is there any Peter here?

Well, pretty sure that is a spider bite. Ever consider going to the doctors?

Here I am!

xmasspider

Did you just make that pic or you googled it. LOL

With great power comes great responsibility.

Light speed GOOGLE

sorry, forgot to ask… you say that because of the TWO separated brownish areas, that would be the fangs?

In Homecoming, the villain called Spider man Pedro.

We already have a Latino spider man called Miles Morales. He’s Afro-latino though, so maybe the Spanish version of Spider man can be called Jesus Jimenez, to keep with the same initial letters thing. At least the initials sounds better than P. P.

Well, Im not trying to be rude or anything. If you are that concerned of the bites. You should just go to the doctors instead of seeking bunch of unprofessional analysis. DUDE, JUST GO TO THE DOCTORS.

( I personally don’t think spider can bite thru jeans)

unless its a radioactive spider. LOL

1 Like

I have a whole thread dedicated to weird bites that got infected. DO NOT SCRATCH! Do not remove scabs, seek a doctor with antibiotics.

yeah, the pictures of the bite looks more like it’s by a mosquito, and the nails of Jesus.

He doesn’t believe that the doctors can help him.

Don’t get him started on that.