Biz ideas for tw entrepreneurs

https://m.ecoproductsstore.com/compostable_straws.html

Never mind that, do you have any idea what they FEED you there???

I’m just guessing but…rat poison?

Milkrocket hijacked another thread. Seriously. Get a room.

I refuse to room with filthy animals…the mange is contagious.

I was thinking since Plastic straw are now forbidden to use the new business would be making:

Small type of “Cookies straw” with different type of flavor’s.

Big egg rolls for drinks with those big/small glutinous stuff on milk tea.

However, cookies will easily dissolve once touch with liquid - anyway just thinking the baker could make it more stronger.

Happy baking for new business trend.

Than you can’t eat it as it won’t digest

Most expert bakers knows what to do.

They could be made from a flavored agar derivative. You could suck on them like a sucker, but not eat them. Humidity would be an issue though.

Friend on mine actually did that in Holland. Apparently it was bloody freezing, and even the beer coat didn’t help.

For the Taiwan version, you’d want to get those people seated either side of a 125cc scooter. It’s been a while since I saw dad, mum, two kids, a ladder and a dog on one, so I reckon it’s about time to revisit the ‘lets see how much stuff you can cram onto a scooter’ concept, in beer form.

I live part of the year in the Tokachi region of Japan where I have a small farm. I have a large greenhouse there and have been studying organic gardening and local agricultural techniques for the past seven years. I’m planning now on buying freeze drying and Mylar packaging equipment and shipping high quality freeze dried organic food to Taiwan. It will be primarily for disaster relief supplies but will also be useful for hikers and homeowners who want to be prepared in case of disruptions in food supplies. Freeze dried food retains up to 90% of the nutrients of fresh food and will stay good up to 25 years. Some say it’s as tasty as freshly cooked food once it’s rehydrated and heated. Given the naturally wholesome taste of meats, fruits and vegetables produced in the Tokachi region that should go double for what I’ll be shipping to Taiwan.

Freeze drying solves the problem of air shipping costs because freeze dried food is much lighter due to its water content being removed. It also solves the problem of shipping delays faced when shipping fresh food.

Japanese farmers will soon be facing increased competition for traditionally farmed and marketed food supplies because of a new free trade agreement with the EU so the time is good to try something new there.

Does anyone here have any knowledge of the freeze dried food business in general and, in particular, as regards Taiwan? Any general thoughts on the business plan are also welcome.

1 Like

The only input I have is that freeze-dried hops (cryohops) are a big thing in homebrew. After reading up on it, I just bought my first package. I’m not sure how much it is used in the larger tw microbreweries. Big potential. :beer:

Freeze-dried hops. I’ll remember that one as I start lining up local suppliers in Japan. Thanks for that suggestion.