Black Licorice

So I went to Tien Mu Grocery Store today, and they have a lot of foreign foods. Even Vegemite in the refrigerator, for $279 for a smallish jar. I got some stuff to make mexican food.

However, I wanted to get some licorice. Those guys had red licorice, but it was all sugar free for dieters. And the black licorice is all a little salty and it’s not great. So does anyone know where you can get some real American/Australian style black licorice in Taipei. Even the red licorice, like Twizzlers would be great.

The bag of Nibs weighs about 1.2 lbs and there are two bags. I can also get Twizzlers in red or black (about a 1 lb bag). I will sell these for 350 NT.

EH

The Tien Mu Grocery has this kind of licorice… haribo but I can’t say that it’s really great…

NT$91 for 200 grams

Actually, it doesn’t really taste that great, and I really want some black twizzlers…

I was in Wellman’s Market on Chung Shan Rd. Sec. 6 #472 on saturday, I believe I saw red twizzlers in the candy section. This is the only licorice I found.

I went to Wellman’s yesterday. They have the red twizzlers and the black twizzlers. It costs 90 NT a bag and it says low fat on it.

Jasons on B1 at Taipei 101 has Red Vines brand black licorice for 69 dollars (5.5 oz, the movie theater size box). They also have a candy section with a lot of Aussie candies like smarties, freddos, minties, and violet crumble.

swedish salty liqourice at ikea now (food section just before leaving after checkout) for anyone interested.

bastards! You got anything you want now . . . [quote]Even Vegemite in the refrigerator, for $279 for a smallish jar[/quote] But that’s extortionate!

HG

Just picked up on this thread. I import all kinds of goodies from South Africa…including Beacon’s Liquorice AllSorts Whence methinks Alleycat’s picture is from. However, this stuff sells out as soon as it hits Keelung Harbor! My fav. being the liquorice wheels (yellow ones in the pic: liquorice center with coconut outsides!) :discodance: :discodance:

:bravo:

this thread is woefully outdated now I guess. Anyone have some info on where I can get the good stuff now?

And btw, there’s no such thing as “red licorice” so I’m not interested in that. Preferably dutch/swedish licorice. Any world market that carries foreign candy or something would be nice.

You could try Ikea. They have a Scandinavian foods section. Maybe someone has been lately.

i just went but didn’t really pay attention. I’m always game from more Marabou chocolate tho, so I will look when I go back

It’s after the checkout.