Blacklist of schools

Yeah, but are you face down???

2 Likes

Never in a 7-11 :wink:

Heā€™s right you know. There is no 7-11 opposite that school. I smell a rat.

1 Like

Perhaps you had your face down, say, reading the newspaper, while sipping your coffee?

I donā€™t teach, but I guess the blacklist is critical and the schools no doubt have their list of foreigners, yes?

Foreigners can get blacklisted for breaching contracts. Itā€™s hard to get a new work permit if you break your previous contract.

As for this blacklist, as we can see above with the Neurolink head-teacher calling out the other poster for making false claims about him, information might not always be 100% accurate. Iā€™d take it as a general guide for which schools to be cautious about, but would also do independent research.

1 Like

A lot of teachers arrive with expectations that are just not realistic in Taiwan. They expect working in Taiwan to be like working in their home country. The culture shock can make your first job seem terrible. In addition, beginning teachers are rarely prepared for the job so the employers are often disappointed in their ability. This leads to a poor working environment and disgruntled teachers.

6 Likes

Basically a good guide (unless someone is ghosting ) is that if complaints about one school come up frequently then itā€™s likely there is some issue and best to avoid it if you have other options.

1 Like

Why answer it, if itā€™s a potential boss, I would make sure I was in a proper setting.

I always bring a paper copy of my resume to any interview regardless of whether or not they have an electronic copy

Most cram school jobs require one, it should be expected

They just want to see you interact with kids. Seems like it didnā€™t go well from the description

I just offer my comments as advice for future job prospects

2 Likes

Listen, Iā€™ll say this only twice. There is no 7-11. Itā€™s fake news.

There is a cafe though, over the road. Could it have been in the cafe @CSmith ?

1 Like

Where is this magical place? Certainly not in Taiwan, I presume?

Bastard. 7-eleven?

No, I wasnā€™t in a cafe. His other accounts of the school are also wrong. Neurolink in Dali has a huge Teachersā€™ Room. I think the poster is mistaken about where he was.

That would explain a lotā€¦

ā€¦he was probably in Dali over in Yunnan province.

If we have the address , google map it and check in the sat pic if there is a 7/11, pretty easy , but I cannot be bothered lol
Or any convenience store, I sometimes call a 7/11 a Hi Life or whatever.

I already done that ffs. Why does no one believe me?

Thereā€™s no fucking 7/11, no family, no hi-life, no ok mart.

There is an RT Mart.

@CSmith could you have been in the RT Mart? Next to the shoe shine concession? Having a cheeky snooze?

Actually I once did a demo. The manager and recruiter brought in a bunch of teachers with them along with the teachers already in the class and I think I had 7 teachers watching me and I started getting anxiety shits and very nearly had to run out of the room to the shitter. And I pretty much had fuck all clue what I was doing and the demo felt like a train wreck and I was watching the varied reactions on the faces of the teachers watching from embarrassment to amusement. After that the recruiter talked to me briefly about how they will let me know how it goes I knew that was the last Iā€™d hear from them. I forgot about my upset bowels and my need to use the shitter so I left without doing so and as I walked to the bus stop the need came back and I couldnā€™t find any place with one not even the mos burger; very nearly shat myself until I barged into a chinese doctors and begged to use their toilet. Feel sorry for whoever had to clean that.

1 Like

Well , it could have been worse , as my mother used to say :smiley: ( In a slightly French accent)

So how was the job?

Task accepted and completed. :slight_smile: :white_check_mark: