Blade Runner Cuts

If you’ve watched the movie - Which version(s) have you seen?

If you’ve watched more than one of the four most prominent cuts - With what order did you get to watch them?

I’ve watched 5 of them. There are 5 on the blu-ray set but I think there are more still. I tend to just go for the Final Cut when I watch it. I guess it isn’t the original vision but it’s the best version in my opinion. I would watch this first and go from there. The rest could be done in any order, but perhaps the Directors Cut and then the Theatrical. Do the Workprint last.

I think - and I don’t know for sure - but if you want to see the evolution of the movie, you can do it in this order: Theatrical, International, Workprint, Director’s Cut and Final Cut. Although I doubt there’s much difference between the first two.

Interesting that you watched the final cut first. Most adults who are as big a fan as you seem to be (considering you’ve even sat through the work print) would have already watched the movie prior to 2007.

To people who were old enough, I’d also be curious if they’ve ever experienced it in theaters in ‘82.

You aren’t alone. 99% of fans prefer the final cut because Ridley Scott deemed it his own favorite.

Oh, I didn’t watch the Final Cut first, it’s just what I’d recommend people do their first time. I’m not old enough to have enjoyed the movie when it first came out, so my first experience was probably on VHS. Possibly DVD even. Really couldn’t tell you what version it was; probably the International cut.

I’ve only seen original and I have a copy of the Director’s cut. Love em all and I look forward to complaining about the reboot/remake/sequel/whatever.

1 Like

No Harrison Ford’s narration + No Unicorn + Rutger Hauer speech left in = best version

Good for you, nice. Still unanswered: Which ones have you seen

Wow. Did you get it then? It’s such a layered film. I hadn’t seen it until I was into my teens.

:eek: :unicorn: :noway:

That bloody unicorn, man…*#%*&% George Lucas spreading the idea of editing random things into old, succesfull movies just to sell more vhs/dvd/blue rays.

Haha. But the “canon” final cut has the unicorn dream (and full length no less)!

You will henceforth be known as Evil Mastermind of the Unicorn Genocide Conspiracy. I’m not talking to you anymore. :angry:

Star Wars ep 1, 2 and 3 are canon as well, that doesn’t help the Unicorn!

@yyy I don’t have anything against unicorns, I know many and they’re hard working equines, no need to generalize. Check your privilegies, two-legged humankin.

Bahahaaha good point I love your defiance.

But we’re all trying very hard to forget and ignore the prequels. Think of Force Awakens as a soft reboot, if you will.

Sigh… One of these days I will have to reveal my true form, à la Rocket.

In any case, I still find your corniphobic statements highly suspicious. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Nah, I don’t think I had a clue what was going on the first time I saw it. Beautiful imagery though. I didn’t revisit it until the blu-ray came out.

I think I’ve seen all of them? Certainly many of them: theatrical release in the theater, in a course in university in the early 90s (so presumably whichever cut was most respected at that time - without narration, I think), and I’ve got the Final Cut on DVD. I saw the film a bunch of times in the theater when it was first released - not because I was a fan, but because I was a kid and in my elementary school, boys’ birthday parties often involved seeing the current sci-fi movie. I enjoyed it at that time, but then again, I’d also enjoyed “Clash of the Titans” the previous year, and enjoyed “The Ice Pirates” a couple of years later.

I’m not as big a fan of the film as I used to be. I heard a couple of people talk about how it was visually stunning but dull, and the most recent time I saw it, I thought, “Yup, that’s about right.” It’s also, unfairly, suffered for having been so influential. I’ve never been able to fully understand how innovative “Citizen Kane” apparently was, because everything else copied it. Now when I see both “Blade Runner” and “The Matrix”, they seem cliched, but of course they only seem that way because they’re so influential.

If anybody’s interested, the 4K disc of Blade Runner is coming out in Taiwan on September 22 (a few weeks after the US release). It seems to be only the Final Cut though, which is a little disappointing but understandable, I guess, since it would mean doing a 4K remaster of every version.

So… Did deckard rape rachel? Is roy the justified one?