Blade Runner Cuts

I’ve seen maybe the International version (is that the one with narration + extra violence) and the Final Cut. I have Voight-Kampf box set but I didn’t bother watching the other versions. It’s obviously better without the narration but having seen that version I can’t forget the additional detail the narration provided.

I recently watched the Director’s Cut with one of those millennials and she had some interesting takes on it. For one, Apart from the flying cars Blade Runner reads more like a contemporary stylish movie to her rather than a futuristic one.

The new movie looks like very pretty trash. I look forward to complaining about its awfulness.

I saw the theatrical version when it first came out in 82, but not in a first-run theater. The second-run theater I saw it at exclusively showed double features (usually in the same genre, but sometimes in an ironic mix-and-match), but I can’t remember what the other movie was. Zardoz maybe?

In any case, I remember it as an epic experience. I was a little young to catch all of the nuance, but that didn’t keep me from thoroughly enjoying the film. Like naijeru, I’m expecting the reboot to be empty eyecandy.

I remember when the movie came out. Summer of 82. Poltergeist and ET came out that time, too. I saw Blade Runner first, because it had Indiana Solo in it.

The Final Cut, is the one for me.

Actually, I love the soundtrack!!!

Am getting stoked for the new one. Even if it does have Ryan Gosling in it. I am slowly warming to him.

If it is a reboot a la “The Force Awakens” I am game.

I think I would have had different leads though. Harrison “I hate every role I have ever taken” Ford and Ryan “I am a legitimate actor!” Gosling otherwise give me reservations.

Pretty effects, cool music, and a half coherent plot would make it better than almost anything available today, IMHO.

Since The Last Jedi is expected to be an Empire reboot, I am gonna get “reboot-itis”, so I shall enjoy the ride while I can.

Do androids dream of electric sheep? @discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: My sources say no