Blame dogs? (split from "Blame foreign babies")

With all the recent laws and money for stray dogs, it seems they are more concerned with dogs than human babies.

Don’t spend 1NTD on dogs until foster children are taken care of.

Dogs left to their own devices have been known to kill human babies.

is that a serious post or are you making an attempt at trolling? take a walk outside at night man. strays everwhere.

That only shows that people cannot take care of themselves or other beings. One more time: the stray dog problem cannot be solved by killing strays, because it is a human generated problem. Humans do not take care of their pets and dispose of them like garbage, hence, if we eliminated all strays tomorrow, the following day we will have more, as long as people do not take responsibility for their actions upon beings that depend on them.

I would start with a poignant and explicit campaign showing people why dumping their pets in mountain areas is not a solution but the origin of the worst problems. But then you have to inject into their brains that domesticated pets cannot survive without someone providing food and shelter…or medical attention when they lose a limb or two to illegal gin traps. But then for it to work people would have to care about this being they bought.

same applies to domestic/factory imported workers. they believe they are property, not sentient beings. And from there on we have problems.

4 Likes

i agree 100%. and not only are they disposed of like garbage they are also collected as literal garbage by the bin men.

theres a lot to do, i just don’t think its high on the list of govt priority’s. or even on the list at all. or…i could go on and on.

1 Like

I think stray dogs IS high on the priority list…it’s just a difficult thing to deal with in the context of the society at present.

Why do dogs got thrown out?

I Haven’t seen a survey but I bet it’s a mix of

• financially stressed people
  • time stressed people
  • people who can’t handle growing dogs in small apartments and living spaces
  • ppl who got lumped with dogs from a relative
  • ppl who grew up in fairly backwards and rough circumstances where animals are just animals to be eaten or played with abd explored and no compassion otherwise

In cases of animal abuse I know it’s been a mix of lack of education , depression and financial stress that have been the root cause of the abuse.

Theres just the overwhelming number of animals that are breeding …it’s just hard to get control of it…

There’s just a lot of stressed people out there and their care for animals comes a long way down their list of priorities…

thats quite easily solved with things like… laws.

saying solving the stray dogs problem is a high priority for the government is like saying safe driving and getting rid of pollution are also high on the list. LOL cheers mate i needed a laugh!

airtime doesn’t mean jack in this place. again, take a look outside. strays as far as the eye can see. idiots treating pedigree dogs like celebrity’s by pushing them around in prams. irresponsible pet shops with cute puppys perched in the window to get those emotional buys that will no doubt be dumped later on.

and yea the topic has gone off on a tangent but thats what happens when you talk nonsense about something that anyone with a pair of eyes can see is still a massive problem here.

I don’t know man I’ve been here since the days when you go into the hills behind Taoyuan and fear that you would be eaten by hungry dogs before making it down again.
Thems were the days!

Icon, can you tell me what the Chinese word for property in this context is?

They just made an on road driving test mandatory for new drivers licenses.

I think there is a provision in the nationality law that individuals in Taiwan who are stateless and parents of unknown origin shall have ROC nationality.

doesn’t mean they are actually going to teach them how to drive safely and responsibly within that on road test though does it. the driving test is one thing(which i don’t believe will actually teach them anything about safety.) but enforcement and laws of the road are the important ones. even if you learned how to drive back home you can’t drive the same way here, it just won’t work. you need to drive in the same pushy way or you are not going to get by.

1 Like

I swear this is true.
Once upon a time I had the dreadful misfortune to work in Tucheng (for those unfamiliar, if the universe has an asshole, Tucheng is a swollen festering botfly larvae-infested haemorrhoid lodged thereon).
We used to smoke on the roof of our building and watch these packs of feral dogs in the lanes below.
No lie, they used to pull this maneuver where, when a car drove down the lane, the one dog would walk out in front of it and not move. The others would circle around the back of the car and, when the driver would get out to shoo the one in front, they’d rush him from behind to try and bring him down.
I never saw them actually succeed, but I reckon that eventually they must have got lucky.

theres still thousands of them out there. when i first bought my bike i was riding it around at like 2, 3 am. i was at the river park and saw a pack of around 20 coming my way. luckily the path split and i had a bridge to ride up, still pretty scary. i saw some last week(or the week before) too, right next to beimen station. theres some dilapidated buildings around there, seemed to be a lot of dogs living in and lurking around them. its a very rough site to see directly in the center of taipei.

and yea tucheng is quite rough but the mountains are ace.