Bongos (closed)

The fish is guaranteed to be cooked.

As well, for those who are unsatisfied with the affordable local fish fillet, I’m looking into bringing in an option for a more expensive pacific fillet (likely pacific coast dory).

Should have it after Chinese new year

Andrew

Look for a test batch of veg chili in the week after Chinese new year as well!

Andrew

Let me add something to this!

We had an excellent time at Bongos when our Ice Hockey Club (called Mono) had it’s Christmas/Year End/Rooster lunch there on a Sunday Lunch Time. Food for which Andrew gave us a special price was very good, kids and adults had a fantastic time. Glad that Andrew is now posting on this forum, meaning I am no longer the fatest :smiley: one on the forum.
Cheers!
Michel

[quote=“Bongos”]The fish is guaranteed to be cooked.

As well, for those who are unsatisfied with the affordable local fish fillet, I’m looking into bringing in an option for a more expensive pacific fillet (likely pacific coast dory).

Should have it after Chinese new year

Andrew[/quote]

Pacific coast dory…Yum.

Let me know when that comes in. The other thing is, are there any parking tips in the area for us out-of-towners? I had a hell of a time finding a spot last time.

[quote=“MJB”]
The other thing is, are there any parking tips in the area for us out-of-towners? I had a hell of a time finding a spot last time.[/quote]

If you don’t mind walking a little bit, you could take advantage of the parking opportunities on Tingzhou Rd, I guess: Trigeneral hospital, the university parking space opposite of the Water Park and the Water Park’s parking spaces (during opening time). I think NTU has an underground parking space (close to the sports center) as well. But I have no idea if it is open to public.

HTH
Iris

There’s also often parking under the elevated section of Hsinhai Rd., just a short walk away.

Well, we ate there last week, and I have to say I rather enjoyed it.

The waitress seemed a little panicked but was very pleasant. The location is quiet and the seating comfortable. The deck was very relaxing (reminded me of some Key West establishments), and the veggie quesadillas were surprisingly good (I usually find other restaurants’ veggie quesadillas to be pretty dull).

I’ll definitely come back to try the veggie burger and veggie chili (probably on separate nights), and to raid the sweet/candy dish on the counter as much as possible.

I liked it. :bravo:

I went there last nite and thought the food was pretty good. I had a bacon cheeseburger. Not sure exactly what kind of bacon they use but it’s not the type one would usually expect but it was OK. They have real good fries and the portions are quite generous. The chicken burger was pretty good too. The chicken patty is slightly fried not the charbroiled type.

I haven’t had that many burgers in taiwan, but this place reminded me of places back in the states so thats good. I’d go back.

Any news on the veggie burger and chili sin carne?

Bring back the chilli and bread bowl !!
And make it meaty, not that veggi crap.

The first batch of test veggie burgers is here!. They are available by request (as they aren’t on the menu). They are also available vegan.

Special thanks to Eaton for all his help with vegetarian(vegan) recipes.

Any honest feedback on the veg burgers would be totally appreciated. If you don’t see me in the store, just stick your head in the kitchen and say hello.

Still workin’ on the chili (veg and carne)

Andrew

Anyone been here recently? I’m still waiting for the chili a la meat with bread bowl.

Waiting for payday, but intend to try a veggie burger or two as soon as it comes! :slight_smile:

Anyone have the phone number for Bongo’s? ASAP would be best. Cheers.

But I fear it may be too late.

[quote=“Josefus”]0223656059
But I fear it may be too late.[/quote]
Too late tonight or too late for ever? He’s not closing down is he? :s

I have this number: 0917.237.131. Try, ma?

No no no…he’s not going anywhere.

Cheers to you both.

I had dinner at Bongo’s last night. It was a company thing, around 15 people in the back of the restaurant. No idea what the damage was because the boss picked up the bill.

Had a deluxe burger, poutine and a green salad. Could have done without the pickled green peppers on the salad, but the burger was very good and the poutine was excellent.

The service, I have to say, wasn’t half bad. Actually, pretty darn good, especially for a large party at a busy time.

The assortment of (mostly fantasy) used books to buy/sell/trade was also a pleasant surprise.

The only downer for me was trying to find the place.

I’ll definitely be going back.