Brawl @ the Xinzhu Pig & Whistle - Part 2

[color=red]Moderator’s note: This discussion is a continuation of [url=Brawl @ the Xinzhu Pig & Whistle - 7 Foreigners injured THREAD[/url][/color]

aaronlsp:

[Long sigh…]You know, I take back my earlier advice. Just forget it and, if you feel uneasy, either move to a different city or leave Taiwan. If you were going to go to the mat for justice and publicity, you need to be as resourceful as it takes.
You need help to buy a newspaper and open it and dial the telephone number there or send your letter there? Tried but didn’t get a response? Just give up then, right?
Have you traveled to the offices of Next magazine, Apple Daily, Taipei Times, talked to your city officials, contacted the Canadian Trade Office?
So you have found out that the P&G had a previous incident. Well, if you examine the past postings, they admit that.
P&G:

Meaning that incidents have happened, but not as violent as this last one.
Is it worth it to you to seek justice, or is it easier to let it go?

Wolf is right. Nobody is going to help you get justice. You have to be on a mission to do it yourself. For many people (myself included), other things are higher on the priority list.

[/quote]It was a bar fight…I’m sorry that it happened but it isn’t exactly unique.[/quote]

Just a “bar fight” and nothing unique??? I think you really need to give your head a shake and read the posts that have been placed on this topic. Regular bar fight don’t generate 10697 views and hundreds of replies. You don’t happen to work for the Pig and Whistle by any chance do you?

[quote=“World Traveller”]

Just a “bar fight” and nothing unique??? I think you really need to give your head a shake and read the posts that have been placed on this topic. Regular bar fight don’t generate 10697 views and hundreds of replies. You don’t happen to work for the Pig and Whistle by any chance do you?[/quote]

No, I’m sorry…I don’t work for the P&W. How many views and how many replies is irrelevant. And after giving my head a shake, and a thumping, it still comes down to a bar fight. I hate to break the news to you but they happen all the time.

I haven’t read the entire thread yet, but being attacked in Hsinchu isn’t all that uncommon. It has happened to me twice. For that matter, I was randomly attacken in Miaoli County and a guy took after my 60+ year old mother with a bat. I tended NOT to have ANY problems when I was playing in clubs, the same rules seemed to apply: Don’t screw with the musicians. Fact is that if it were to happen again, the attack would be met with sudden, devestating, and potentially crippling force. I’m tired of it. In the mean time, I tend not to go out much…too busy anyway, but the best way for ME to avoid these kind of things is to simply avoid the places where they occur. I suspect, though, that if the foreigners would do something about it (legally or otherwise), then people would think twice about these attacks (dunno the details, wasn’t there…maybe someone did something to provoke someone…either the foreigners or the Chinese…not a’pointin’ fingers).

[quote=“danny”]the bat as he was batting the girls head.

Glad I wasn’t there, my stratocaster was seconds from being used as a bludgeoning instrument in response to someone swinging a chair at the drummer’s girlfriend in a U.S. pub when the police showed up to break it up for…

BTW, Taiwan pubs have NO security and NO bouncers. If they claim to have bouncers, they are most likely simply telling you what they think you wanna hear (and I’ve been in a played in am awful lot of 'em).

Have class, so I’ll go through more of this later. Some comments, though. Pig & Whistle is a NOTORIOUS gangster hangout. They moved there when The Pig Pen closed. If you want a gangster free night, the ONLY place in Hsinchu that I can recomment is The Flying Pig. Severino (the DJ) flat out refuses to play the kind of music that the gangsters like.

acearle, where ya bin? Thought you’d deserted us.

whilst we appreciate that a forum such as this is designed to foster healthy and sometimes controversial debates on matters near and dear to us on the island of taiwan, it also unfortunately allows abuse by various individuals or groups with some or other axe to grind.

we’ve noted with amazement over the past few weeks the postings by various faceless and nameless contributors who, with gay abandon i might add, feel it’s their inalienable right to slander, incriminate, make unsubstantiated claims, quote hearsay and shaggy dog stories with absolute conviction and generally follow strange agenda’s and crusades that, at best, can be referred to as mischevious and misleading.

the pig & whistle, feels that it would be a lot healthier to host a meeting to address any outstanding issues regarding the 22nd/23rd may incident that remain unresolved and finalise this matter once and for all. anyone who wishes either to be heard, or to hear, may attend.

details as follows:
Venue: 4Q2 Bar, Hsinchu (Nigel&Nunu’s place)
Time & Date: 7.00pm-8.00pm, Tuesday 15th june 2004.

we are confidant that this meeting will assist us in finding a way to resolve all the issues and therefore, this posting is hopefully our last on this matter.

What’s up with all the “Pig” places in Hsinchu? :slight_smile:

I think broken bones, multiple stitches, etc., are a little more substantial than hearsay :unamused:.
I know you’re desperately trying to carry out damage control and that you are looking at serious loss of revenue as a result of your failure to deal with the aftermath of this incident, but you are not doing yourself any favours with posts like the one above.
An agenda? A fucking axe to grind? Are you serious? These guys ended up seriously injured in the hospital as a result of your inability to manage your premises. Damn right they have an axe to grind. :noway:

Hear that Aaron? Bring your lawyer and good luck.

Will they have the video footage? :laughing:

All of it? :laughing:

[quote=“pigandwhistle”]details as follows:
Venue: 4Q2 Bar, Hsinchu[/quote]

“Fuck you, too” Bar! Nice name.

Meet at the 4Q2 (Or Fuck You Too!) bar - ya, great idea Pig and Whistle. Attempting to resolve a bar attack - in another bar the size of a peanut shell! I mean, they wouldn’t want to discuss things in a nice quiet area, or at least somewhere not surrounded by alcohol. The Pig and Whistle are yet again trying to cover their ass and put on a “let’s just find peace” attitude, no more posts, and let’s get the foreigners back here and shut up. Good luck! Your business has been damaged as it should be. You failed to protect your customers with common sense and quick thinking. You should have to pay for your mistakes and if the “expats” and locals want to give their money to another bar that is willing to stand by them and allow them to have a good, safe night out, then I personally think that is great! The Pig and Whistle would love this whole matter to just blow over or offer pretenses of added security and new forms of protection, but I personally do not buy it. I will never step foot in the Pig and Whistle again and hope that others won’t as well!!!

Whatever else it might be, I assure you that the discussion that I have read in this and the previous thread re this matter is not any of what you suggest it is above.

And FYI, it would be libel, not slander.

But, it isn’t libel either.

aaronlsp:

Yeah, I’m writing an article about it. Answer your PMs! Anyone else? PM me if you have any info.

I reckon if I was one of these guys that got beaten I would be keen to go to this meeting and say my piece.Take some sound recording devices for later use in court :smiley: It would solve alot of the misconceptions if they were to show the footage to everyone at the meeting.

P&G:

For the nameless and faceless who can’t make it to Hsinchu, please post the full video of the incident.
It will clear you in the biggest court of all – that of public opinion, right?

And, there you have your press conference set up. Call all the media you can think of…you have a date and time and place…get reporters there to ask and record…do it now!

Wa kao, this Uncle Tom/Oily-Mouth Servant/Minitru Customer Service Representative that they got over at the P&W is really pouring the petrol on the fire! Wah! What a tool!

Is this an attempt to pre-fuse a brawl at the

It is very simple…boycott the P&W. Get all of your friends to do the same.

Hey P&W…here’s a little something just for you. :upyours: