Bread of Life Church Service in Club Omni

Looking at some churches and noticed Bread of Life has English service at 1pm on Sunday in Omni Bar where they “convert a nightclub into a vibrant and exciting place of worship”. Has anyone been?

Also wondering what is their definition of bilingual service? Is it word-for-word translation or mostly in Chinese with English thrown in?

OMNI
Bilingual Service – 10:30AM
English Service – 1:00PM
We convert a nightclub into a vibrant and exciting place of worship.
Address:
台北市大安區忠孝東路四段201號5樓

Some people party at Omni until morning and stay for service.

2 Likes

Was told the morning session was 100% English also, but cannot confirm myself.

hahahaha epic

I mean if you’re trying save some sinners you probably want to go to where they are right? Not a bad idea.

3 Likes

So then the church must also employ bouncers for the drunk people.

So drunk they can’t move, huh?

2 Likes

Who plays that set?

They are called ushers lol

So I guess they won’t care or notice if I someone comes in smelling like alcohol.

I actually think they welcome it.

Hey, what happened to my spoiler formatting of I “I”? So if someone quotes a spoiler, then formatting is gone???

In the old country, one pastor’s new gimmick is to pray for people to lose weight. He imposes his hands…voila, that person is overcome by the Spirit of Leanneass and immediately loses 10 kilos.

It is a very rustic magic trick but crowds these days are tough. Must keep it updated.

Isn’t Bread of Life one of those rabid fundamentalist churches that was out protesting gays last year? (in Taiwan)

Bit of a mystery what religion when looking at their website but I found this through a link at the bottom. “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” ‑ John 3:16

OUR VISION
Our passion is to lead people into a genuine encounter with God and empower them to expand the Kingdom of God into every sphere of their lives.

OUR CORNERSTONES
GOD IS GOOD
We believe that God is a good God, and this shapes how we think about ourselves and the world around us.

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE
We believe that God wants to do amazing things in and through our lives. We dream big and do the extraordinary because our God always does exceedingly abundantly above all we can ask for.

THE CHURCH IS GLORIOUS
We believe the glory of God is displayed in his Church, so we are honored to be part of what God is doing and we love building this community of faith with passion and excellence.

PEOPLE ARE WORTH IT
We believe every person is created for a great purpose, so we must do everything we can to reach and empower the people around us.

My wife’s in the Bread of Life Church and they are indeed the ones who spear-headed the anti-gay campaign. I actually ‘shunned’ some of her friends for a while because of it. The shunning has stopped (because I don’t have the conviction of the Amish) and they avoid the topic with me.

They don’t see it as being anti-gay, they see it as giving gay people love and saving their souls. So really not that much different.

I believe www.taiwanfamily.com is also their website, which will give you more of an idea of their agenda. It’s been a while since this came up, so they may not be affiliated, but I recall Bread of Life pushing the site in their newsletters at the very least.

My wife sometimes wants to go to this English service (still trying to save my soul). Apparently the Omni boss is religious so lets them use the space. People come in at 6 or 7 to clean out the riff-raff (and vomit) and set up. If you’re into God and Jesus and stuff, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. It’s not for me. I went a few weeks ago when there was a nice English man doing a sermon.

If I were religious, I’d have found him amazing. He was confident and charismatic and all of that. But I get caught up on how ridiculous much of what is said really is. That’s not his fault, that’s just Christianity.

They try to brand everything at this place too. About a year ago, I believe the church had a different name. Okay, fine. But it also feels like they’re trying to trade mark things like the word “church” the way they say “welcome to church” when you go in.

The live music is a whole lot of fun.

1 Like

Not all Christian people are the same.

I’m Catholic and I was once invited to an event of Bread of Life Church. I didn’t like it at all. A big part of it was the charismatic handsome man. From on side, I wonder who gave him authority to preach me, on the other side it all felt like a big cult where he was the center.

I don’t know how much to trust this information, but a girl also told me they tried to “cure” a couple of people thanks to spirituality in the event she went to. Pointless to say, she never went back there again.

I wouldn’t mind them if they didn’t look so much like fanatics. It’s also true that I’m used to the Italian Catholic church, which couldn’t be sadder and decadent, so I’m probably partial.

I liked their songs, though.

Yes, the Catholics are a known quantity. Their theology is anti-gay, but they don’t emphasize it, let alone go around trying to exorcise LGBT people (as those protesters were seen doing).

If anyone is interested in English services this week, I’m involved in two of the church that are more on the progressive-mainline side (for Taiwan). (1) Good Shepherd Episcopal in Shihlin meets Sunday morning, evening (Christmas Eve), and Christmas morning. They’re diverse and friendly and men and women share leadership and their denomination has GLBTQ members and leaders. We have three kids and go there most of the time. Some of their services are bilingual together with the Mandarin service (normally English is 9:30 and Mandarin 11, on Sunday there’s also the 7pm Christmas Eve service). (2) We were involved in Shuanglian Presbyterian on Zhongshan North Road (not far from Mackay hospital). They have an English ministry with around 100 in worship (in addition to services in Taiwanese and Mandarin.) It is mostly Taiwanese, but also Taiwanese-American and a smattering from SE Asia and Europe/North America. The pastor is Australian. They have a mix of praise and traditional music and are more powerpoint-y. They’re worth checking out if you’re church hunting or just want to catch a service this weekend. Google “church of the good shepherd” for the one facebook page and “SLPC English Ministry” for the other. DM me if you want more info…

1 Like

Their mission statement left out the most important thing: do they serve free coffee and doughnuts?

1 Like