Bu San Bu Si: A Taiwan Punk Tale (launch party 13 May)

Come and join the launch party for J.W. Henley’s latest novel Bu San Bu Si at Vinyl Decision. The book follows Xiao Hei, a Taipei punk musician, on his descent into the city’s underworld and the heartbreak and betrayal that follow. Is redemption even possible for someone like him?

Freddy Lim calls the novel “richly imaginative and full of deft observational touches,” – we liked that so much we put it on the cover.

Saturday 13th May, from 3pm
Vinyl Decision
#6, Lane 38, Chongde Street, Xinyi, Taipei
台北市信義區崇德街38巷6號

Author J.W. Henley writes:

[quote]I’ll give a little talk about the book, what went into it, why I wrote it, and so on, and open things up for some Q&A, but mostly it will be an informal hang. Just beer, books, tunes, good conversation and good times.

The good people from Camphor Press will also have some of their other titles on hand as well for guests to peruse and purchase. [/quote]

That’s almost worth a return airfare.

Is this book printed in English?

A nice review of the novel by Dana Ter appeared in yesterday’s Taipei Times:

Guy

Yes, all our books are in English. Well, with the exception of this one.

I won’t be able to attend the launch party, but I would like to buy this book.

Can you post a link to buy it online please.

Appreciated

You can get it here: https://camphorpress.com/books/bu-san-bu-si-taiwan-punk-tale/

1 Like

It’s tomorrow – can’t wait! We’ll also have copies of our other paperbacks for sale, so you can pick something else up alongside your copy of Bu San Bu Si.