Butter - breakfast and lunch cafe

Hey Fee,

I’m sorry, we did close Thu/Fri because we have changed things around a bit and also we needed a bit of a break…
Hope to see you soon though!

Matt

[quote=“momo21”]Hey Fee,

I’m sorry, we did close Thu/Fri because we have changed things around a bit and also we needed a bit of a break…
Hope to see you soon though!

Matt[/quote]

Matt,

No problem.

I’ll try to stop in another time when I am in that part of town. I’d still like to give your burgers a try.

Maybe the next time you plan to close for a few days, you might consider posting it here on Forumosa. I think Alleycat’s does this and also Carenegie’s–it’s good to let people know when you will be open (during CNY or other holiday) and when you won’t be open for holidays or for “a bit of a break.”

Best of luck with your new business.

Nothing like a nice hot bowl of home-made beef stew to make you feel better on a shitty, cold day like this one.

It’s nice and cozy, and I can work (i.e. post on forumosa) from here. Yay!

Good job with rearranging the place, guys. Now there’s more space. Make sure you post about it on here next time, so people know you’ll be closed.

Hi all,

Just want to let ya’ll know what our menu has now we’ve changed a few things.

Brunch: Sat/Sun 9am - 5pm - regular menu also available

Butter Kiwi Brekkie - Two eggs (scrambled or fried as you like), sausages (2), bacon, toast, your choice of hash brown or potato salad, OJ AND regular tea or coffee (not the drip drip type either) all for 160nt.

Butter Omellete - Fluffy 3 egg omellete with your choice of 4 fillings, toast, hash brown or potato salad, OJ AND regular tea or coffee - 130nt

Butter French - French toast with hash brown or potato salad, OJ and coffee/tea. 120nt.

From 5 to 7 weekdays - buy 2 get 1 free on any beer.

Afternoon Tea - 2pm to 5pm weekdays - cake and coffee set 70nt

See you guys soon!!

As I recently posted in the “Where you get the most bang for your $” thread:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 9&start=60

this is a great deal, delicious food and great atmosphere. To date my favorite place for brunch. Check them out, especially for a lazy Sunday brunch, you’ll be very pleased.

That sounds a whole lot better than the more expensive “breakfasts” I too often consume in Starbucks and Barista.

Can’t you up sticks and move to Sindian?

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]
Can’t you up sticks and move to Sindian (Xindian)?[/quote]

Haha. Let us get things buzzin here first then we’ll see :smiley:

Matt

Good to find out about this place, I’m going to check it out this weekend. And it’s probably within walking distance from my house too!!

I could come in at 2 or 3 pm and have the breakfast / brunch menu, right?

I used to be a fan of ‘The Diner’, but they’re always full now. I won’t bother to go there anymore.

Hope you guys have good coffee. :smiley:

We’ve been told our coffee is pretty good :stuck_out_tongue:

The brunch menu I posted earlier is for all day sat/sun, every weekend.

Oh and the 10% discount is still on for those willing to mention they read us on Forumosa.com :smiley:

[quote=“momo21”]We’ve been told our coffee is pretty good :stuck_out_tongue:

The brunch menu I posted earlier is for all day sat/sun, every weekend.

Oh and the 10% discount is still on for those willing to mention they read us on Forumosa.com :smiley:[/quote]

Doh! I forgot to mention Forumosa this afternoon! No mind. Good food, cool deco. We were the three guys in a suit this afternoon…

Service timing was off. First burger arrived but then the other burger took a long long time and my fish burger was nearly as long. Not sure about that but the taste was good still and we enjoyed it.

Nice walking distance from the office for good food. Will come back with my other office mates :slight_smile:

Sorry about the timing YC - we were having some issues out the back (with the deep fryer) which will be rectified in the coming days…
Other than that i’m glad you enjoyed the food! I hope you’ll be back to try some of our other stuff :smiley:

Wasn’t that a bit crowded? :ponder:

Beer 2 for 1 al Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Pop in and say hello! we’ve been open a month and a week now :smiley:

Lovely place! The breakfast was really nice. And the coffee better than The Diner’s. I’ll be back!! :smiley:

I can confirm all the above about this place. It has a nice atmosphere, feels very comfortable as soon as you walk in, and the food is great. I’ve eaten there three times now, I had a burger the first time, (just to get it out of my system because I have the need for a burger every now and then) and that was very tasty, nice homemade pattie and not greasy and came with fries and a fresh salad with a mango and chilli dressing. The second time I had an omelette with a load of different fillings in which was very tasty and came with potato salad on the side, a hot and a cold drink for 140 nt! A very good breakfast I can assure you! And the third time I tried the Asian set which is choice of 6 Asian style meals. I say Asian “style” because I had the beef stew and it was actually more like a Western style light stew with good quality meat, not fatty, and tender and tasty. It comes with rice , I think thats what makes it Asian. It also comes with a soup, and a cold side dish. which in this case was two: a bit of fritatta and also a salad with apple and a passion fruit dressing.

It was refreshing to be made really good Western style food by an Asian kitchen. The guy that runs this cafe, Allan, knows about Western flavours and is obviously concerned about health matters etc, because none of the food is greasy and he uses good ingredients, and no MSG!! The food all tastes authentic but he is also a little bit experimental, he told me changes things around depending on his mood and likes to keep it interesting, like the salad dressings for instance. With this place you’re getting food that you would pay double for in other places, at least. And because its basically just him, his mother and sometimes his grandmother or a friend, it has a real intimate family feel and you know they care about their customers. I’ll definitely be a regular there anyway and its not even that close to me. The value for money and the quality of the food make it worth the little journey and it was nice to just sit there (in the air conditioning) for an hour or so reading the paper and chatting. You can even take your own mug in if you want, to have your coffee in!

Definitely five stars for Butter!

Chris C. :bravo:

I forgot to say that the asian set meal also came with veggies and a drink! all for 160!

:notworthy:

I haven’t gotten to Butter yet.
Anyone been recently?

Went a couple weeks ago in the afternoon for brunch. Food was all right, not too pricey.

Portions aren’t too big though. The English(but it’s called NZ or something) breakfast came with a whole entire…tablespoon of baked beans.

I went there this afternoon and managed to get in just before the sky opened up.
This is what I got.

There are 2 sausages fully covered by the bacon.
Also some orange juice not in the picture.
All of it for only 180nt.
Butter is a small but comfortable place.
It was a long drive up north for me, but worth it.
I’m still waiting for a comfy cafe place to come to Muzha.