Calories in CoCo bubble tea and Louisa lattes?

I have searched everywhere but i cannot find the calories in any of the items at Louisa or Coco, does anyone know where I can find his information? I was specifically looking for the calories in a bubble milk tea from CoCo and a honey rooibos latte at Louisa. (I know this is probably a stupid and meaningless question :slight_smile:)

Have you asked in the stores? They should have this info on hand.

1 Like

+1
They should have.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/health/nutrition-fitness/2012/10/23/358590/taipei-drink.htm

1 Like

The listing of nutritional information is good but not required… It’s only required for pre-packed products and since Louisa coffee doesn’t sell pre-packed drinks or dessert they aren’t legally required to provide nutritional information.

1 Like

Thanks Tando and Rooftopclown, that is a great idea. I’ll ask them. :slightly_smiling_face:

That makes sense. Thank you. I guess what I can do is just use Starbucks website to compare with their version of the drink, and plan accordingly.

@padraig Or just ask for minimal sugar. The Coco I frequent lets you choose ice and sugar levels.

1 Like

That is a great idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

I usually get 70% sugar and zero ice (if I get ice, it inhibits eating the tapioca, hahaha :slightly_smiling_face:). But you are right, I should go lower on the sugar.

Most of the calories will be in the sugar, at about 35 calories per teaspoon (5g).

1 Like

I agree that most of the calories would come from the sugar, but I think a teaspoon of sugar “only” has 16 calories.

1 Like

You are right, granulated sugar is about 16, powdered sugar is double that. Not sure about the liquid corn syrup that is commonly used here.

1 Like

If in doubt you can always ask for “wei tang” or “wu tang*” at tea places.

*Not the clan.

1 Like

Maybe make your own coffee if you’re worried? And if you’re drinking bobble tea, just treat it like treat to yourself and not worry. I will treat myself to some junk food like Burger King once in awhile especially late night when I’m just ridiculously hungry. I just take it as it is and not stress about the nutrition of it. If you’re on a good healthy diet you shouldn’t worry about getting a bubble tea here and there. If you’re a daily drinker, maybe it’s time to cut it out or not drink it anymore if you’re really concerned

2 Likes

Calories are one thing, the whole macro-nutrition combo (carbs, protein, fat) is another … :roll_eyes: tell me about it!