Can a Canadian & Ghanaian marry in Taiwan?

We are wanting to marry wherever is easiest. Easy as in just at city hall if possible. Whether we marry in Taiwan or somewhere else. If we marry outside of Taiwan we need a legal ceremony so it can be registered wherever we live (for now Taiwan).

I know that Taiwan and Ghana do not recognize each other. I am not sure exactly who to contact for information … my fiancee cannot get the ‘single document’ here as there is no embassy or trade office for Ghana in Taiwan.

I teach here and hold an ARC, so we will want to put him on my ARC.

anyone with hints … ideas…suggestions… PLEASE - they are all welcome and needed!

For now one of us is in Hsinchu, the other in Taipei. We will live in Hsinchu.

thanks to any and all that can shed some English light on our little situation.

[quote=“surreal_realism”]We are wanting to marry wherever is easiest. Easy as in just at city hall if possible. Whether we marry in Taiwan or somewhere else. If we marry outside of Taiwan we need a legal ceremony so it can be registered wherever we live (for now Taiwan).

[/quote]

2015 news item not connected: Ghanaian man nabbed for overstay, deportation soon. Not married but has Taiwanese girlfriend and child with her. LINK

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003623865

A man from Ghana was arrested by police in Taipei this week and is likely to be deported, while his Taiwanese girlfriend appealed to authorities for him to stay, as they have a two-year-old daughter.

The man was arrested in New Taipei City’s Sinjhuang District (新莊) on Wednesday night. The following day, his girlfriend went to the Sinjhuang Police Station to visit him and plead his case.

A police official said on Thursday the Ghanaian is in violation of the Immigration Act (入出國及移民法), as he has apparently stayed in Taiwan illegally for more than 10 years and has been transferred to the National Immigration Agency for deportation.

Police said the suspect came to Taiwan on a 30-day business visa in 2005, but has remained in the country ever since and worked in various manual-labor jobs to support himself.

He began a relationship with a Taiwanese woman six years

Well living in Taiwan has got to be better then living in Ghana. And he has supported himself doing basically anything he can for ten years. He should be given citizenship if he chooses!!

I will admit though that the OP should look into whether her Ghanian happens to be the very same Ghanian ? I mean how many Ghanians are there on Taiwan?