Can I ask an english question here?

hi guys,

I will have an English speech in my Eng class this coming Wed. , but I don’t know how to write these two sentences correctly and properly, would you please help me, I will appreciate that : )

There was a young man who walked in front of me, and he backpacked.

His backpack has a open side pocket that is sitting in the water bottle.

[quote=“Sebas Lancer”]hi guys,

I will have an English speech in my Eng class this coming Wed. , but I don’t know how to write these two sentences correctly and properly, would you please help me, I will appreciate that : )

There was a young man who walked in front of me, and he backpacked.

His backpack has a open side pocket that is sitting in the water bottle.[/quote]

[quote=“Sebas Lancer”]

There was a young man walking in front of me with a backpack which had an open side pocket with a water bottle inside.

The young man walking in front of me had a water bottle in the open side pocket of his backpack.

The young backpacker sitting in the open water bottle had pockets and was walking

[quote=“BlownWideOpen”]The young backpacker sitting in the open water bottle had pockets and was walking[/quote] :smiley:
Don’t forget the smiley.

Seriously, here’s a possibility:

There was a young man walking in front of me, and he was wearing a backpack.
His backpack had an open side pocket with a water bottle in it.

(If these two sentences are part of the same narrative, be mindful of consistent use of tense.)

wow ~thanks for your help!!

but it confused me, which one i should use??

Mine is the most accurate. You should use mine

Whichever you prefer (except for the joke answer provided by BlownWideOpen).

You should also listen to Chris

I believe that the exercise was to combine two sentences in a grammatically appropriate manner while using a natural flowing syntax. Hence, you should use the following and not listen to the jokesters:

The young man walking in front of me had a water bottle in the open side pocket of his backpack.

thanks !! you guys really save me :smiley: