Can I ask the police to kick out a roommate that I originally allowed to live in there?

So one of my gfs friend has been living in my house with us. She is leaving in a month after losing her ARC and not being able to find a job. I originally didn’t want to do it because I knew she wasn’t a good person, but I didn’t know she was this bad.

She doesn’t have a job and says she has no money, I’m allowing her to stay for free to be kind before she leaves. (She can actually probably ask her family for money but won’t) she thinks money is no big deal for us because we have money and is being very ungrateful.

She has been making a huge mess and not cleaning. She has no job so it’s not like she’s too busy.

She doesn’t do anything in my house to contribute.

She expects us to buy her grocery and complains when there is no food in the fridge. And expects us to pay for her food when we go out and she’s always suggests we go eat.

She has broken multiple Things in my house and blames it on my house or won’t admit to it. I live in a very nice place. So things are expensive and not a run down house where things fall apart.

She once tried to bring a guy home from the club.

Her birthday is coming up and she actually asked us to throw her a party at a very expensive restaurant and asked if we made a reservation yet. She hasn’t spent a single dollar on anything for us or the house.

She’s been crying all the time because her bf broke up with her.

I don’t allow her to keep a key, it’s one of those keys that has a electonic chip as part of the key and it’s very expensive. I only have 2 and it can only be made in Germany and takes time to ship and make a copy. I can’t make one here so I don’t allow her to keep it. I have one for me and one for my gf. My gf leaves it at the front desk of my security for her. And I also only have 2 keys to go up to the elavator to my front door. Me or gf usually leaves it at the front desk downstairs for her to get up. We didn’t today so she just had to ask the doorman to let her up but complained we didn’t. And that was the last straw. Finally I told her she could not return unless she apologized and made things right. She hasn’t replied. And stormed out the house shouting shit at us that we are spoiled and mean and complaining about money when we have some.

Let’s say I let her back in and she is still acting this way. Can I ask the police to remove her? Can I just throw her stuff out downstairs in the lobby? Can I bring charges on her to repair on things she broke if I’m really pissed?

Guests are like fish. After 3 days, they stink.

Dude, what were you thinking? I wouldn’t even let my best friend crash at my place more than a week, let alone a stranger. And you knew this girl was bad news before you agreed to let her stay? I get you didn’t want to start a fight with your gf by denying her friend, but sometimes you have to put your foot down and say “hell no.”

Well, what’s done is done. I would try to get rid of her in as delicate manner as possible. She sounds like she might have some emotional problems and could lash out (eg; a false sexual assault accusation to police, trashing your apartment, etc). I would not get the police involved. I would ask your gf (who should be on the same page as you by now) to try and set her up with some cheap hotel, or pass her off to a couch surfing group or whatever. Don’t do anything dramatic. Maybe nothing would happen, but do you want to risk her taking some psycho revenge on you?

2 Likes

Curious as to why she would want to stay a further month? It would seem to make more sense if she went home , where she can get on with her life.

1 Like

I mean I personally didn’t like her. I didn’t she she was a positive influence on my gf. She I’ve always asked her to not hang out with her. But she’s Italian so I think she likes to have a Italian friend and speak her native language. I know she tries to convince my gf to make out and hook up with other guys at the club when they go out because I would never find out. My gfs loyal and told me. But I didn’t know she was like this. I was trying to be nice, I have a large place, and a few spare rooms so it wouldn’t be like a 20 ping place where I would be cramped in with another person.

And yes my gf is fed up as well. She wouldn’t have fought with me about it. She asked me and I was like whatever. I thought she would at least pick up some slack at the house and would stay out of my way. I have an entire floor a a building so I don’t mind having a guest.

Her new job starts in a month and she says she has no money. She is staying a persons house and is paid some money along with board and food to take take of their child. So she’s waiting on that to happen.

:flushed: Now, I understand your decision even less than I did before.

Well, hope you learned a lesson. Don’t ever let shady guests just board at your place indefinitely. She sounds like an awful person. Hope it all works out.

Ehhh, don’t really care. Most girls her age are like that. She’s not the only friend of hers that told her she should have fun. Some of my friends say the same thing when we’re out.

She’s more than awful. I can’t believe how ungrateful someone can be living at someone’s house for free for a month and eating our food. I mean at least do stuff like clean. She doesn’t even clean after herself. I can’t believe someone is like this.

I assume she doesn’t have a (diagnosed) mental or physical disability and therefore doesn’t qualify as a “helpless person” (無自救力之人), so Art. 293 and 294 of the Criminal Code would not apply.

Be careful about throwing her stuff out, especially if it includes her passport or other important things. Putting her stuff in the lobby or on the street might also be against your building’s rules or a city by-law, I suppose.

Criminal Code

The absence of criminal intent usually (but not always) means it’s a civil matter i.e. not police business. See Art. 12 and following regarding criminal negligence.

Entering your home without permission would be illegal (Art. 306), but refusing to leave? That’s a little murky.

As always, this is not legal advice. If in doubt, ask a lawyer.

1 Like

I’ll just reiterate what I said before. Play this one verrrrry carefully. Throwing her out on her ass might give you immediate short-term satisfaction, but the long-term consequences (either from her, or the police) could be dire. I still say have your gf gently pass her on to a couch surfing group or another friend.

1 Like

Plus, no-one wants a feud between two families (regardless of the fact that they’re Italian). :peace_symbol: :rainbow: :pizza:

1 Like

I would assume it’s tresspassing once you ask them to leave. They aren’t tenets and don’t pay rent.

I understand the logic, but criminally speaking, Art. 306 says enters. I didn’t notice anything about remaining.

Edit: 侵入, basically trespasses.

So someone can just camp out at your place once you let them in???

I would ask a lawyer about the definition of 侵入 and whether or not there’s another remedy.

If the police can’t help, you might still have a valid civil claim against her.

Rent her a cheap room.somehwere for a few dsys and get her ass out of your house now , she has family she can ask them for money.

2 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe I need to ask a lawyer because of a person like this. I was so shocked that she just asked if we make a reservation for her birthday at one of the most expensive restaurants with a straight face… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m not a cruel person and would just kick someone out but I can’t believe she’s actually acting this way.

There’s like 9 apartments in my building and we all split the cost and decid on the building rules and such so that shouldn’t be an issue. I haven’t heard back from her (probably at her exes house) but if she responds in a way where I feel she might come into my house and cause trouble I want would rather put her stuff into the lobby. It’s not much and most of it is packed anyways. And no one will take it because of my security guards so other than the 9 people who live inside my building. No one can even get into the lobby.

put your foot down and kick the waste of space out. no need to get the police involved. is she young or what? the whole thing sounds ridiculous. i had a friend stay in my place once, and treated me as if i was the guest and it was their place not mine. i wasn’t having it and now we ain’t friends no more. sometimes you just gotta cut your losses man and she sounds like she has zero positives about her anyway.

2 Likes

Empty the refrigerator. She will run off to her ex.

2 Likes

Is she cute? We can find her a new boyfriend with space to live.

2 Likes