Can I stay in Taiwan with the same ARC till I get a new job?

I have a ARC of 2 years and my company name on it, because I had a contract with company.

Now after seven months we both terminated the contract, but I still have the same ARC company name on it, Can I stay in Taiwan with same ARC till I get new job? Can I leave Taiwan and come back again if I have this ARC?

1 Like

No, I believe you need to apply for a temporary extension with the purpose of job hunting… Iyour old ARC will be invalidated once you leave your job… The date on the card is not the actual date it expires

5 posts were split to a new topic: DOES SIZE MATTER (for thread titles)?

No, you cannot stay with the same ARC until you get a new job UNLESS you go to NIA and APPLY for an extension.

No, you cannot leave and come again with such ARC. Your ARC is no longer valid if you have completed the contract but not signed a new one.

One more time:
The date and data printed on your ARC is for decorative, ehem, reference purposes only. Your work visa belongs to the boss/company. Once they cancel your work visa, because for example you have completed your contract or any other reason, your ARC is no longer valid. You need to ask for an extension with the proper authorities, not your company, or you will OVERSTAY. You really do not want that.

Please note that the company has no obligation to inform you when your ARC/work visa is no longer valid. That is for you to find out at NIA.

It is also important to note that you try not to get a break in your stay, so you can apply for an APRC in the near future, among other benefits.

EDIT:
currently you only have six months to look for a new job

OP, I think the grace period is 15 days to leave Taiwan from when your company notifies the NIA. I’m not 100% sure if it’s 15 days or something else.

Thank you

sorry,

OP, Basically do what Icon said.

If you want to stay in Taiwan, go to the NIA on your last day of work with the certificate of employment / termination of employment certificate that they are supposed to give you when you leave. Then apply for a six month extension. You can look for a job in that time.

*work permit :slight_smile:

1 Like