Canadian Elections

[quote=“thebiggestnose”]Chewy,

Why should Canada have become more involved in Iraq? So we could have helped the Yanks find all those WMDs?? :unamused: You indicated that Canada should bulk up its military because of the threat of terrorism; had we joined the Americans in Iraq (which has created numerous new terrorists in the form of people who have lost family and friends in the “just war”), I would certainly agree with you.

Under the Liberals, Canada has had a succession of surpluses. Do you long for the days of Mulroney style deficits? Or is it that you prefer the Airbus type scandals of the Tories?
[/quote]

What about the so-called sponsorship program with large amounts of our tax dollars going to firms with Liberal connections. Politically speaking, the sponsorship scandal has caused more of a “public outcry,” than the Airbus scandal with Karl-Heinz Schreiber ever did. Moreover, Trudeau’s heavy spending in the 1970s and early 80s did far more to damage Canada’s finances. Kind of quiant in a way, cuz personally Trudeau was very tight with his money – just ask his ex-wife. Liberals like spending other peoples money – never their own. I will, however, give Paul Martin credit for being a “good” Finance Minister in the 1990s. I just think by profitting and avoiding Canadian taxes by flying Liberian flags when he was CEO of Canadian Steam Lines makes him a bit of a moral hypocrite, don’t ya think?

Regarding terrorism – You don’t think with our relaxed internal security laws, there aren’t many Al Qaeda covert operational cells functioning right now in Canada? You think Canadian peacekeepers, with their substandard equipment, weren’t at risk in Afghanistan from terrorism? You don’t think Canadian stature has been diminished on the global stage since 1993 with record low levels of funding being spent for international development and defense spending? The Canadian Government’s Defense White Paper articulated the threats that terrorism brings to Canadian values. Yet, the government is not spending nearly enough money or providing any meaningful help in combatting terrorism on a global scale. However, based on your previous message with its one-sided anti-Americanism and generalities, your seem to me to be just another Ottawa-born, Carleton educated :laughing:, Liberal drone that believes everything the government tells you. :bravo: :wanker: