Cards Against Humanity v Border Wall

Most of the ones illegally entering Canada (in broad daylight in full view of the police who promptly arrest them) are simply being persuaded to do it because they perceive it as the best option. It’s a little different from being “dumped”.

Why do it in full view of police? Just go to the wheat and corn fields in northern Montana, wait till dark then cross over into another corn/wheat field.

Hypothetically speaking, of course. Not that I would have ever done such.

They’re the ones who don’t want to live in the shadows. They turn themselves in to apply for refugee status, and why not get started as soon as you enter? The ridiculous part is that they’re more likely to be rejected if they use the legal border crossings. :roll: It’s been a boon for the transportation industry in certain border towns…

So if they run through the border, and are then arrested, that stands a better chance of getting asylum than simply walking to the border guard and asking?

They walk. The point is they’re “already in Canada” when they apply. If they use the official crossings and get rejected “at the border”, they’re screwed.

I didn’t create the system. :idunno:

Actually Mexico deports thousands of Hondurans and Guatemalans each year also. Not much media press about that though.

Prior to 2004 there was no need for a wall. But there is now. I don’t see the wall as a Racist issue as it is a reaction to how bad the Drug War has become the past 10 years and how border crossings Now vs the past are controlled by Cartels. I’ve been to Tijuana before the drug war and during, its night and day. Its a scary place since 2006. US Border patrol has been calling for Federal aid for years, they are out gunned, out manned, out funded and out classed technologically from the Cartels with near unlimited money.

20 years ago it was a different story. Illegal Immigrants would cross the border for a better life before the border was owned by the Cartels. Now one must pay 5000 USD to a “Coyote” who is part of the Cartels, they own all the routes and if you get caught without paying you die or you carry drugs. There are only a few reasonable routes to cross along the wide border due to the terrain/water issues and heat and crossing the Rio Grande

Cartels freely drive around cities in Mexico with Toyotas armed with 50 caliber machine guns mounted on the back. It looks like Iraq in some of the cities where the war is happening.

Good documentary about the War on Drugs from different POVs called Cartel Land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5bpPfltOI

There are tons of videos and special reports from Mexico covering how bad the violence is, Ive been following this for years and grew up in Southern CA. I know lots of Mexican people including some who have crossed illegally and heard about their trip. I know one friend who was offered a job as a Coyote once.

Ive seen reports where US Citizens were kidnapped out of their homes by Sicarios in Texas, they walked right across the border and took them… interesting this stuff makes all the local news but not national news like CNN. I was shocked at first that this never made the big headlines but Im not shocked anymore. The Governors in Texas I believe Rick Perry (back then) even demanded the US Federal Govt act but was ignored and he had no recourse but to plan on calling up the Texas National Guard to back up border patrol when it got really bad. Border Patrol has been begging for help for years while being ignored by the federal govt. The Death rate from these wars is worse than Iraq and Afghanistan, its Second only to Syria. However this makes all the local news along the border but not MSM National news

Millions of people from Mexico want to illegally enter the US -> Trump wants to build a wall -> shame on the US

People from the US want to illegally enter Canada -> Trudeauaux* doesn’t want to build a wall -> shame on the US

Can’t make this up.

• = not even going to try and guess where to put the vowels in his name, how many and which ones
1 Like

You just did. (I mean people shaming the US for Trudeau not wanting to build a wall – how does that work?)

1 Like

I don’t know how that works, you should ask the guy who thinks that the US is to blame for trying to build a wall just to the South and not to the North.

VAN HORN, Tex. — Along the shoulder of Interstate 10, where drug runners sometimes hide in drainage culverts, U.S. Border Patrol agent Rogelio Martinez came to a stop late Saturday and got out of his vehicle. Martinez scrambled down an embankment through ocotillo and creosote bush, splitting the darkness with his flashlight. Then, according to Border Patrol union officials, attackers struck him from behind. Martinez, 36, was found dying moments later, apparently bludgeoned with rocks, the union officials say. Nearby was another agent who arrived with Martinez or soon after, badly beaten but alive, the officials say.

Police have also asked locals to report the presence of any suspicious Canadians in the area in order to avoid any suggestion of ethnic profiling.

Those Canadian Street Gangs and Canadian Drug Cartels Wars are a scourge to the US, especially in the northern states. We definitely need a northern wall too, situations getting out of hand.

Cards Against Humanity has anyone played, does anyone know where to play it in one of the gaming shops, or where to buy the game?

You can buy, or download the cards from the website.