Carnegie's - the "chat" thread... (Part 4)

[quote=“Stray Dog”]So, Tigerman, are you in? What about Tigerboy and Tigerwoman? We can give you all our bones for your Tigerdogs. Actually, they can have my venison! :slight_smile:

Are you in?[/quote]

Yeah, we’re in.

You should have seen Dofu and Bjorn working on those bones today… funny!

Mind you, folks… that’s a LOT of food.

[quote=“Tigerman”]
Mind you, folks… that’s a LOT of food.[/quote]

Hehe…and you have to finish it somehow. I shall be playing a scene from Monty Python’s “The Meaning Of Life”* during the meal to encourage you all. With sound. :smiling_imp:

*No prizes for guessing which one.

Cheers,

Bob

(Hope Big Brother isn’t watching) Same for me. I haven’t seen you (Bob) there recently and I’ve been stopping in quite a bit. Do we now have to make reservations for you as well as a table?!

Card :s I’m still waiting for my replacement. I have yet to use it as I lost it right after I got it. (ok I know it is my fault)

Nice pun.

OK, I was afraid of that… :laughing: In that case, count us out. You need to have some folks with big, BIG appetites to handle that. Takes me forever just to get through the Greek salad, and that is before I even start on the wonderful bread that comes with it.

Find some heavyweight eaters… I may look like one, but, I ain’t. That 914 dude can probably finish off a special with no problem.

[quote=“elektronisk”]I haven’t seen you (Bob) there recently and I’ve been stopping in quite a bit. Do we now have to make reservations for you as well as a table?!

Card :s I’m still waiting for my replacement. I have yet to use it as I lost it right after I got it. (ok I know it is my fault)
[/quote]

Mis-timing I guess as I am there everyday. Also, I tend to put people off their food. :frowning:

I was born that way.

Bob

OK, I was afraid of that… :laughing: In that case, count us out. You need to have some folks with big, BIG appetites to handle that. Takes me forever just to get through the Greek salad, and that is before I even start on the wonderful bread that comes with it.

Find some heavyweight eaters… I may look like one, but, I ain’t. That 914 dude can probably finish off a special with no problem.[/quote]

I was kidding.

Bob

Oh, come on. “Trust me, you can make it!”

[quote=“TpeBob”]…I tend to put people off their food. :frowning:
[/quote]

So, naturally you decided to get into the restaurant business, eh? :wink:

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“TpeBob”]…I tend to put people off their food. :frowning:
[/quote]

So, naturally you decided to get into the restaurant business, eh? :wink:[/quote]

It’s about turning over tables. I can do that as when I appear, people flee. We can then seat fresh diners.

:smiley:

Bob

(Taipei’s Worst Waiter)

OK… Then we’re in agan.

When I was a kid, we went into some fast food joint and asked the manager if we could have free food if we sang some Christmas songs (it was Christmas time). He agreed, so we sang Jingle Bells or something. We went and sat down and the manager brought out some raw chicken for us. My buddy said “OK” and started to raise it to his mouth. The manager grabbed it from him and took it away and went back and brought us cooked food.

This is just too easy… fantastic food for almost nothing… :slight_smile:

Yeah, come on, Tigerman - there was nothing in the deal about having to eat everything - Bob said we just have to order it. :sunglasses:

OK… Then we’re in agan.

When I was a kid, we went into some fast food joint and asked the manager if we could have free food if we sang some Christmas songs (it was Christmas time). He agreed, so we sang Jingle Bells or something. We went and sat down and the manager brought out some raw chicken for us. My budy said “OK” and started to raise it to his mouth. The manager grabbed it from him and took it away and went back and brought us cooked food.

This is just too easy… fantastic food for almost nothing… :slight_smile:[/quote]

Oh.

You want it cooked???

Well, that’s another matter. :smiling_imp:

Bob

OK, we’re in. Now, I’m off to bed. The dogs get up early, even on weekends.

[quote=“TpeBob”]Oh.

You want it cooked???

[/quote]

Just the venison… not the Greek salad.

At my pub in England, we used to have the Sixty Minute Challenge.

If you could finish half a pint of lager, bitter, or malt every five minutes for an hour, without going to the bathroom, vomiting, spitting, etc., the drinks were on the house.

Everyone, without fail, would run to the bathroom and throw up on the seventh half. We had many challengers, big and small (and huge), but it made no difference. The average stomach has an expanded volume of only three to three-and-a-half pints. :smiley: Even a big gut can’t handle the eighth.

One guy did get to ten halves, which was incredible, and one seemed to have won the challenge, but then I found he’d been peeing while standing at the bar! :noway:

Yes, it was messy, but oh what fun! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Stray Dog”]At my pub in England, we used to have the Sixty Minute Challenge.

If you could finish half a pint of lager, bitter, or malt every five minutes for an hour, without going to the bathroom, vomiting, spitting, etc., the drinks were on the house.

Everyone, without fail, would run to the bathroom and throw up on the seventh half. We had many challengers, big and small (and huge), but it made no difference. The average stomach has an expanded volume of only three to three-and-a-half pints. :smiley: Even a big gut can’t handle the eighth.

One guy did get to ten halves, which was incredible, and one seemed to have won the challenge, but then I found he’d been peeing while standing at the bar! :noway:

Yes, it was messy, but oh what fun! :slight_smile:[/quote]

In the interest of the common good, you will all be permitted to use the bathroom. At the same time in one sitting. :laughing: The alternative just doesn’t bear thinking about.

Bob

[quote=“TpeBob”]You’ll now have to find a total of 13 people as the deal is 12 Tigerman Specials. Variations get charged at full price…
Bob[/quote]

Sounds good. Any number but 13 though.

We used to have to get an extra if 13 arrived for Christmas lunch.

[quote=“Ironman”][quote=“TpeBob”]You’ll now have to find a total of 13 people as the deal is 12 Tigerman Specials. Variations get charged at full price…
Bob[/quote]

Sounds good. Any number but 13 though.

We used to have to get an extra if 13 arrived for Christmas lunch.[/quote]

I agree. In order to make Stray Dog’s party-planning easier, let’s make the limit 12 people who have to order 12 ‘Tigerman Specials’. Vegetarian’s wishing to barter their venison for extra cabbage or more Greek salad can do so with their non-vegetarian fellow diners but the orders have to be identical. My advice on this day would be to skip breakfast as it is a lot of food. The identical orders must also include Guinness. If someone doesn’t want a Guinness, they can give it to another diner but in exchange that diner will have to compensate the Guinness donor by buying them a substitute drink at extra cost. Seems fair. At NT$702, this is a ‘no special request’ offer.

Let’s see if SD can get 12 people together…could be good fun.

Cheers,

Bob

I’m in prior to 28th October then I’m in Seattle for a few weeks where I’ll just have to shoot the leg off a deer and eat it over there. (Don’t like the idea of killing things)

Wouldn’t it be more humane to shoot the deer outright rather than just shoot it’s leg off and leave the poor bugger to stagger around amongst the Redwoods on three legs?

Just a thought.

Bob