Cat hotels

Hi all.

I am looking for a cat hotel/some place where they can take care of my cat whilst I am away for Christmas. I have found a few but they are crazy expensive, and it seems like there is no middleway between: 1, cat in a little cage for two weeks or 2, cat hotels with webcams (and “business cat options”).

Any help / tips are appreciated.

Thanks

Anders

Judging by how you missed to mention which part of the island you wish for this cat hotel to be, my guess is you are looking for a cheap but decent cat hotel in the greater Taipei area?

It would also be helpful if we know exactly how long your cats need to be at a cat hotel, how much you are considering to pay, and how much is “crazy expensive.”

for example, this place:
cathotel.tw/rooma/

offers a seemingly decent space, plus web cam service, and for under a week is 600 NTD per night for one cat, with an additional 150 NTD for each additional cat.

So for a week that’d be (600+150) * 7, which would be 5250 NTD.

Without any reference, I have no idea if that’s something you would consider.

Also , the holidays is a very popular time and many many cat hotels would be booked in advance… but at least you are most likely living in Taipei and have plenty of options.

Yes thank you for your quick reply Hansioux!
Sorry for not being more specific in my post. You guessed right, I live in Xinyi area in Taipei!
The post was regarding Christmas (14 days), as I will be away at that time and cant ask my sweet and kind neighbour to feed my cat so many days (otherwise she is very friendly and helpful). Your point about booking in advance is a great advice, and I will be sure to do that, that’s why I am writing this post already in November.
To your question about “crazy expensive” I find above 500 expensive, but maybe I am just new to this part of having a cat. Still cant believe that its gonna cost that much, maybe its only the pages/kennels that are in English?

500 a day is quite average. Paying less would give very uncomfortable and maybe even dangerous conditions. I usually pay 800 for my dogs and hire a sitter for the cats -but there are 4 of them. Sitter is OK for a few days and many cats but one and so many days is better a hotel. Way safer.

Please do not leave the cat in one of those pet shop/cell cage holdouts with lots of noise and people. Cats stress a lot when in strange surroundings and that environment will certainly make him sick. There are many cozy, quiet places for kitties around Taipei. Check them out.

How about this one? nph.com.tw/

[quote=“dinvenanders”]Yes thank you for your quick reply Hansioux!
Sorry for not being more specific in my post. You guessed right, I live in Xinyi area in Taipei!
The post was regarding Christmas (14 days), as I will be away at that time and cant ask my sweet and kind neighbour to feed my cat so many days (otherwise she is very friendly and helpful). Your point about booking in advance is a great advice, and I will be sure to do that, that’s why I am writing this post already in November.
To your question about “crazy expensive” I find above 500 expensive, but maybe I am just new to this part of having a cat. Still cant believe that its gonna cost that much, maybe its only the pages/kennels that are in English?[/quote]

I found this site to be useful. It’s some type of cat hotel directory site. You can choose the price range you are looking for and the area you are in. It’s in Chinese though.
pet-hotels.com.tw/list/?main_cat … &x=54&y=14

Type searches for a price range between 300 to 500 NTD gives:

喵喵屋
blog.xuite.net/sweetijelly/wretc … F%E5%AE%BF

facebook.com/miauwoo

Some pages has its listing price starting at 450. The +1 fee is the common 150.

發條貓,
mypaper.pchome.com.tw/cat_behavi … 1320947621

starting price seems to be 500 as well, some online articles lists it at 350, so I guess you can call to find out

趴趴走
facebook.com/PetPetHotel

didn’t find any pricing info online.

樓上遇見貓
facebook.com/%E6%A8%93%E4%B … 900191539/

didn’t find any pricing info online.

I know NPH is done with HIMYM, but I thought all the hosting gigs are keeping him busy.

We use this place: facebook.com/miyahotel/?fref=ts

Not sure how much it is for one per day because we leave two cats over CNY, which is expensive, but you can email and ask. miyahotel@gmail.com

Dear all.

Thanks for the replies. I contacted both Miya and Cat republic and their prices where around 400-500 pr night over two weeks period.
Now its just time to choose one, after I have checked them out in person.

Will share my experience after Christmas.

thanks

Hi all.

Im gonna restart this thread. Per recommendations from you guys, I used facebook.com/miauwoo. It was very satisfying and it seemed like they took good care of my cat.

Issue is now, that because of sudden change of plans I need a place for my cat the 6-11th (during Chinese NYs). I know its difficult to find a place during this time, so do any of you know any place in Taipei where they are not fully booked?

Thanks

saw this one online and it looks pretty nice

hapet.com.tw/cathotel_home.php

This one just opened across from Breeze Center in Taipei. Very clean, nice atmosphere. Very positive reviews so far… you might want to consider.

貓語花香精品貓旅館
Cat Villa & Shop