Catholic Churches in Yong He

Lent is coming and I would like to attend church out in Yong He. Does anyone know of one in Yong He, especially one, that has 7am or so mass. Thanks a lot :laughing:

Are you near Cardinal Tien hospital (near the street where the korean community is)? They should have some info and a chapel

Here’s a Chinese language site you can try: catholic.org.tw/catholic/index.php I believe it’s run by the Archdiocese of Taipei

Isn’t Cardinal Tien Hospital in XinDian?

I’ve checked with a friend who would know better than me, and you are right - Cardinal Tien is indeed in XinDian. I am certain it was in Yonghe a few years ago (visited a friend who was recovering there from a traffic accident)

Will keep asking around about Catholic churches in Yonghe

Zhong Xing Jie

There is a church just off that street. The traditional market cuts the lane that the church is on in half - the other end is Lane 133 (behind the old Sogo) but I am not sure if that deisgnation extends thru the market to the end with the church on it. I am also not sure if it is a Catholic church but someone told me that it was once. There is also a Christian mission (or something similar) on Lane 133. Both the church and mission have crosses outside and the church also has stain glass windows - cannot miss either if you walk down the lane. You can also see the church looking down the alley from Zhong Xing Jie (left hand side coming from Yung He Rd and just before the hospital).

I’ve checked with a friend who would know better than me, and you are right - Cardinal Tien is indeed in XinDian. I am certain it was in Yonghe a few years ago (visited a friend who was recovering there from a traffic accident)

Will keep asking around about Catholic churches in Yonghe[/quote]

Hmmm . . . not sure what it is called then now but the hospital of which you speak is on Zhong Xing Jie.

EDIT: I think that there are Cardinal Tien hospitals in both Xindian and Yonghe.

Is the cross outside red? I’ve never asked why, but it seems that churches here that have red crosses outside are not Catholic.

hmmm, i don’t think there is a Catholic Church in Yonghe. This may be related to the emphasis on converting Taiwanese and aborigines in the 1950s and 1960s (Yonghe is heavily mainlander).

Anyway, your best bet looks like the catholic church in Banciao.

2960-2536

臺北縣板橋市南雅西路二段二之四號

no. 2-4 Nanya W. Road Section 2 Banciao.

Is the cross outside red? I’ve never asked why, but it seems that churches here that have red crosses outside are not Catholic.[/quote]

The mission-type place has a red cross outside. The church . . . do not recall.

Thanks everyone, I’m gonna go check out that Hospital because I’ve been there before and I do believe it is Catholic. Gotta have a Catholic church. No subs. :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve checked with a friend who is in seminary school here and he wrote me back with this:

There’s a new one being built very close to the Yong’An Market, but it doesn’t look like it will be finished for at least a few more months. It’s on Ziyou St. The sign on the building said Tianzhu, so I’m assuming it’s Catholic.