CFA level 1, June 2005, Taipei

CFA level 1, June 2005, Taipei.

Anyone interested in joining a serious study group in weekends/taipei for the CFA level 1 exam in june 2005, pls feel free to contact me! Thomas

What is this CFA to which you refer?

I think it’s the Certified Financial Analyst program that you can study for if you want to work in the Banking/Financial industry.

Chartered Financial Analyst. Only good if you want to work your butt off in the finance industry.

… amd can pay off quite handsomely as well… after much said butt working off.

I have friends who have tried to pass it for years, and these are people with years of Wall Street work experience…

Not for the faint of heart, it’s a major commitment of time and energy and it requires perseverance if you fail a level once (or more times).

I believe I might take a shot at this one. If I hadnt moved here I was going to start studying for the previous year test. Does anyone know which study guides are the best, etc and where I might get them in Taipei?

Schweser’s res said to be good.

You can buy them online or try the TSIP.

Schweser is the best, by far. I recommend getting a study group together and make sure everyone uses Schweser, otherwise it’s a pain in the ass coordinating your studies.

One of the keys at all levels is being able to do multiple choice problems automatically and quickly. This is more true now that L2 is all multiple choice (it was half essay when I took it). Do tons and tons of practice problems weekly as you study a topic and have a high rate of correct answers on the most difficult questions before you consider yourself versed in a topic.

I also used Passpro at all three levels because they had a big databank of multiple choice questions. They have some quality control problems with their question bank but if you’re looking for volume and a good web-based user interface, they’re good.

Hey Fusion,
do you know any study group for CFA level 1 in Taipei? thanks

They were studying for the test 12 years ago.