Charlottesville protests

Can you speak for all Satanists though?

Well that is saying something.

Of course not. But, I do not think any organized flavor of Satanism actively promoted racism or supremacism. That was the late 80s, and things could have changed.

Anyone can do anything in the name of anyone.

1 Like

The latest -as per dear uncle Bob- is that Obama -or rather, the Muslim, as he calls him- intends to have built upon his death a bigger mausoleum than the one currently held by Abraham Lincoln. Instead of, you know, just being buried in Arlington. Nope, he is going to have this monumental shrine built in teh middle of DC. Worse, this monstruosity is going to be paid by burdening the US tax payers.

With all the efforts uncle Bob takes NOT to pay his taxes, he is pissed about that.

1 Like

Well, what he said about being afraid of going outside and of the police killing him, at least now he knows exactly what many minorities feel, except those law abiding minorities didn’t even committing hate crimes.

He just got booted off of OKCupid.
These were his tips when he was active:

1. Unless you’re here for “casual sex” stop telling me you’re “sick of the games”

2. Your boundaries are complete bullshit

3. If you aren’t interested in sex, I’m not interested in you

4. If you think all men suck, this tells me you have a habit of choosing shitty guys

5. In a photo of you and a friend, I assume you are the ugly one

6. I’m here for you, not your ex boyfriend

7. I’m here for you, not your kids

8. If all I can see is your face – you’re a fat girl

What a fuckin charmer.

3 Likes

I really want to watch this show. I have never seen an episode of it, since I have been here the whole time. I would get HBO, but I hear that the version shown here is heavily censored. I could torrent it, but my conscience would eat me alive.

That is Alex Jones territory there!

Lol

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S2TZOdXAtQ&feature=share

I would partially agree, but the re-actionism dynamic goes back a step further

From the outside, what’s happening now looks like a popular reaction to America having a one-off black president for 8 years

That experience appeared to be beyond the pale for many white Americans

I mean ‘Who built this country? White people!

(Ok, technically black slaves did do a lot of the actual physical work, but that doesn’t count! )

And now it’s pay back time

Time for the white man to rise up from his 8 years of tyrannical oppression by a black, possibly muslim terrorist communist, violent, AntiFa, BLM President!

1 Like

Why do you think I should care that you’re Jewish? Oy vey.

People that carry the hammer and sickle killed even more people, and continue to do so, but instead of being reviled and ostracised they are accepted into society and are all over the education system. The situation is objectively worse.

Of course it matters. If you want to talk about a group, you have to mention what group it is. The fact that it’s news to you that there is no one large unified KKK anymore suggests you’re too ignorant to talk about it.

I’m sure there is an element of truth in that. However, why Trump and not any of the other 16 Republicans who ran for office, or why Trump and not Clinton. It’s more complicated than that, not for everyone of course, for some, it may be exactly that.

Trump is a racist and everyone who voted for him is a racist too, is the left narrative and the MSM narrative, I don’t think many on the left want or will entertain any alternative as an explanation.

Which is a shame as it means their reality is fueled by rage and hate. There was a clip in another thread about a group of Muslims who went to Trump rallies with T-Shirts that said “Muslims for Trump”, the expectation was they would be received very negatively and would be able to put together a youtube video exposing trump supporters for who they are. Only thing was they were welcomed with open arms and came to the conclusion Trump supporters are no different from everyone else, but they also concluded the Trump supporters had made the wrong decision regarding policies and basically outlined Bernie Sanders vision and ended it by saying everyone needs to talk a bit more.

I also watched a piece by Fareed Zakaria on CNN that was trying to explain “why”. This was a bit better than the over simplistic Trumps a racist and so are his supporters, but it too missed major reasons for his election victory and why his supporters are still sticking with him.

2 Likes

Let me put it in a context you might understand. How would you feel if instead of chanting “Jews will replace us” these mouth-breathers were chanting “monkeys will replace us” (or whatever you are).

Yeah, I saw so many ‘hammer and sickle’ flags at that campus. :roll_eyes: Those traveling from far away, marching on to a campus they don’t attend, trying to protect the statue of a traitor, carrying torches and shouting white nationalist slogans are far more likely to be aligned with an extremist ideology than those counter protestors who are already at the campus and trying to show solidarity with Jewish or minority students who feel threatened. Were there radical leftist elements there? Probably, but I think they were heavily outnumbered by the normal counter-protestors like the woman who was murdered by one of those neo-nazi scumbags (using tactics straight out of the ISIS handbook it needs to be repeated).

Hate groups that ascribe to KKK doctrine are all the same. Oh sorry I don’t distinguish between the backwater grand-dragons of Alabama, and the proud wizards of Mississippi. Since you’re a scholar on the individual splinter groups that make up the greater KKK, please educate us all on which are the not-so-bad ones. Maybe some even have some “very fine people.”

1 Like

You are making no sense.

Communism, as an ideology, does not promote the eradication of a particular ethnic group. However, dictators like to cement their power, so they will villainize and take a stand against their “enemies.” Stalin, Mao, Pot, Chiang (not a communist), Marcos (not a communist), Rhee (not a communist) and the list goes on. Oh, what about Nationalist Party in SA. Not communist. They did a fairly good job of oppressing their minority population. I think it would be fair to say that it is better to fear those crying “Death to all [ethnic group]” than those saying “Each to their ability, to each to their need.”

It is clear to educated people that the kkk has become nomenclature for various rightwing groups. Whether you are talking about the klan, [ethnic] supremacists, nazis, [ethnic] nationalists they have all become synonymous with each other. Parsing it down to individual groups is only getting mired in the details.

1 Like

The focus on individual candidates is a focus on the tree instead of the forest

The forest is American popular culture and where that is heading

I agree that ‘everyone needs to talk a bit more’, but what I am seeing is a disturbing trend towards demonisation

2 Likes

It’s a big country and over the last few decades has left a lot of people behind (and never really dealt with leftover slavery issues).
Now there’s a mass of poor messed up people that are armed to the teeth and the guy at the top is just stirring it up.

THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
2 Likes

I do not mean to intrude…

Trump is unique among the past GOP presidents in that he says what he means. To some, this maybe refreshing. To others, this creates unnecessary friction and attracts the wrong elements. And I am 100% convinced that Clinton would be getting just as bad. Even I would be calling for her removal. I am not one a contrarian, just things that go against my core beliefs and whatever they happen to be at any moment.

I would agree this is a stretch, but he kind of brought it on himself.

As to why he was elected, I believe he was elected more for who he wasn’t, than for his rhetoric. Just because people voted for him, does not mean people supported him. Same for Obama. Twice. As for why people stick with him, I think that has more to do with human psyche than anything. People do not like to be wrong, or viewed as such and many times arguments contrary to their beliefs, will only make them cling tighter to those beliefs.

Great points in this discussion from both of you!

Yeah, I am not sure anyone is truly interested in talking it out, aside from forum discussions. The real players have too much to gain and lose by keeping the fires stoked. Demonizing the opposition keeps the support up for whatever cause someone follows. I hate what we have become.

1 Like