Charlottesville protests

Trump is talking about a certain portion of Muslims, not all Muslims. He’s talking about the viewpoints of the Muslims that Obama allowed to enter without much testing or control. Most of those immigrants want sharia law instituted. And think violence against Americans is okay (which is recipe for terrorism inside USA). What he is saying is that the immigration of Muslims that Obama has let in are not assimilating! They are not becoming Americans in any way, shape, or form, which immigrants should do. And he wants to put a stop to Obama’s form of Muslim immigration until he figures out what’s going on and we put in place another immigration plan that allows Muslims who want to assimilate come to our country to help make America safe and great as immigrants historically do. He is directing his criticism at Obama’s careless Muslim immigration program and immigrants, he is not making statements about all Muslims.

As for a list of real and fake communist or capitalist countries, there is an economic continuum, you can have a scale of 1 to 100 what countries are free market or not, and many factors can contribute. I’m not saying Serbia is totally capitalistic, but definitely more free-market that the old staunch Soviet and satellite countries at that time. They were actually creating capital, whereas USSR wasn’t doing any of that because they were trying to be pure to Marxist ideals. Economics isn’t about labels, but about reality, and where the rubber meets the road. If you call yourself communist, but you honor the free market and rules of economics, you will prosper just as most free-market democracies do. Economics doesn’t care much for labels.

Well, JB did say Zing! when he cited that BBC website that left out the context of Trump’s words leading us to believe that Trump said all Mexicans are rapists and the sort. We all know media bias exists, let’s just hope JB didn’t know the full extent of it until he was embarrassed by it.

Another wall of something and ignored to answer a simple question.

1 Like

To have no proof of something is not the same as saying it isn’t plausible. It certainly is plausible. Sometimes you have to connect the dots to get truth. If you don’t want the truth of it, you just won’t connect the dots, because you want to be ignorant. That’s fine. I’ve said before, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink. And it never surprises me with Democrats.

I believe I said “Good day.”

2 Likes

Are you serious? build a museum around General Lee, to make sure people won’t get the wrong idea? Oh come on, we Americans don’t look down on the common people as being so ridiculously ignorant. We all know the context. Those who don’t know the context, wouldn’t know General Lee might have anything at all to do with racism, it’s just a statue.

So no biggy tearing it down then!

Well, yeah, it is a biggie, because leftists are demanding it, and leftists who don’t even live there! (Neither are the Nazi groups from there). It’s the same as submitting to authoritarianism, letting others outside your community hit you over the head because you’re not smart enough to govern yourself. If we listen one time to leftist violence, they will be encouraged to keep doing it. It ought to be resisted, so they will get the message that violence doesn’t pay.

Where were the people defending it from? May I ask?
Did they live there?

Also, you don’t have to build a museum. A statue of a slave next to it would do the trick.

1 Like

Trump picked up the blue-collar voters who were traditional Democrat voters, until the opportunism of the Democrat Party decided it was time to abandon them because they could get enough support among minorities from now on.

McCain treated Obama with kid gloves and was afraid to engage as you normally would with a political opponent (who is white), because he was black and fear of racism, which I think made him an ineffective candidate.

There already is a national Robert E. Lee memorial FWIW

https://www.nps.gov/museum/exhibits/arho/

That’s not even the issue! I never said he was or wasn’t prejudiced. I never said anyone was or wasn’t assimilating well. I said he played on people’s fears, because your claim that he didn’t was like the claim that he’s never vulgar. We’ve all heard the bus tape, so we know. And we’ve all heard the Muslim ban speech in one form or another. Will you deny he played on people’s fears of Hillary because he once said she and Bill were great people? Or that Hillary played on people’s fears of Trump?

I told you man, niches. If Jothy were a troll, I’m sure my fellow mods would deal with him appropriately.

Dear Osiris! Do you sleep?

I know, I am not a professional troll hunter, but…OK, maybe “broken record” would be more like it. But the way things got tossed around, and repeated, made it seem kinda…“a person who lives under the bridge and waits for billy goats to cross” -ish.

2 Likes

Each side wants to violently oppress the other. Everyone wins!

No, he didn’t play on anyone’s fears. We all knew America was in dire straits, economics, world status, terrorism, personal safety, hatred against cops, racist division and unrest. He inspired, because he showed he was for real about listening to the people and not just playing along with professional politicians and toss the people a bone once in a while to keep them happy. It was the fact that he was an outsider that made him popular. Everyone was already concerned about uncontrolled immigration, economics, and he listened, he was concerned about it too. He knows how to connect with his voters, nothing reporters can report askew can separate him from his voters. Because they don’t care about politics as usual and how it is properly done. They only care that he’s doing precisely what he said he would do, or trying very hard, and that other politicians wouldn’t keep their word for political concerns.

Perhaps we have different definitions of play, on and fear.

Did Hillary and/or the MSM play on people’s fears of racism, sexual assault etc. in their speeches about and/or coverage of the Don?

This is Mick’s forum, so he’ll decide.

I believe it’s not polite to call people “troll” in public. You can always flag a post or PM your friendly neighborhood moderator if you’re concerned. :2cents:

This is an interesting website worth seeing the situation from a non polarized Left Wing/Right Wing point of view.

https://www.facebook.com/thefreethoughtprojectcom/

aaa