CHEAP polyhedral dice (e.g. 4-sided, 12-sided, &20-sided)

I know and have bought the polyhedral dice I use for playing DnD at Alchemy, but I am planning to do a real-world role playing game with my older students to help them become better writers and speakers and I can’t see trying to convince their parents to drop $550 for a set of Chessex dice. As I am looking at having 8-10 students playing, I’d prefer to keep things as inexpensive as possible. I have heard of some junk stores that sell the dice loose, but I don’t know where those stores exist. Does anyone have any information about where to buy these dice without having to spend a fortune?

I THINK I have seen a whole bowl of them in that junk store close to Guting MRT station. I’ll do a search for the exact location and get back to you.

EDIT: It’s the one mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=76771&hilit=
I’m sure someone must know the address. I know they have a website too.

goodtrade.com.tw/

Roosevelt section 2, no. 38. Take exit 7 from guting station and walk north.

The last time I looked (a few months ago) they didn’t have many left. Still worth a look though.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]http://www.goodtrade.com.tw/

Roosevelt section 2, no. 38. Take exit 7 from guting station and walk north.

The last time I looked (a few months ago) they didn’t have many left. Still worth a look though.[/quote]

Thanks Tempo. So you have seen some dice there too?

[quote=“irishstu”]

Thanks Tempo. So you have seen some dice there too?[/quote]

Yeah, they had a big bucket of them. But the last time I looked only the dregs were left.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“irishstu”]

Thanks Tempo. So you have seen some dice there too?[/quote]

Yeah, they had a big bucket of them. But the last time I looked only the dregs were left.[/quote]

Like the ones with just one side? No-one ever wants them.

[quote=“irishstu”]

Like the ones with just one side? No-one ever wants them.[/quote]

I like them, eliminates all that pointless randomness.

I think Lupillus and unseen others have pretty much cleaned that store out. Turns out that for the GURPS system, I only need 3 6-sided dice for each player so that’s no problem since you can get those everywhere. But it would still be nice to know where loose polys can be found aside from the store near Kuting. I wonder if they knew how much of a market they have, if they would get more of them…