Cheap t-shirts and shoes near Guting, Dongmen, Taipower?

Do you know any place near Dongman, Guting, Taipower Station, or even Da’an Station to buy cheap t-shirts (just plain t-shirts, maybe even a 5 pack) and do you where to buy cheap men’s shoes in this same area?

Gotta give us a ballpark or budget when you say “cheap”. For example, my cheap for t-shirts is anything between 300-500NT, whereas some people may think this is way too much for a plain colored t-shirt.

Gotta be more detailed in your OPs @padraig

1 Like

I guess I just want something like a 5 pack of Hanes t-shirts for less than 300 TWD, and maybe a cheap pair of Chuck Taylor’s (or generic) for the say price.

Do you guys know any specific places, any local shops that you know of or should I go to a big mall or store like SOGO or Carrefour?

I don’t think packed t-shirts are meant to be worn as t-shirts, but more under shirts here in Taiwan. Nonetheless, no one will judge you or they might not even notice. I believe UNIQLO sells packs of three white/gray/black t-shirts for a competitive price. You can also check out GU, which is owned by UNIQLO, has similar styles, but has cheaper prices. Carrefour/PX Mart or even Costco (if you have a friend who has a Costco card) would also have what you’re looking for.

If you want something not in a pack, but still in the same ballpark, try LATIV. However, you might need a local friend to help you out with the order since all of it is in Chinese.

Low cut Chuck’s will cost you anything from 900-1400NT and high tops for 1200-1600NT. There’s A LOT of sneaker shops over in Gong Guan area, but they can be a bit expensive. You can also head over to Wan Nian Department Store (2-4th floor) in Ximen to check if they have any better deals. I remember buying a brand new black or gray colored Chuck back in high school, every year I came back and they were about 1200NT at Wan Nian.

1 Like

Yuck. At least say Costco.

Most Carrefour have some outlets next to them. SOGO or Mitsukoshi may have sales.

I buy the MIT stuff for export, I pay 100 ntd for Levis jeans and maybe 100 ntd for nice T-shirts, but those stores are in Jinmei and Xindian. They have a couple of those in Gongguan, but the quality is debatable -not same brands. Anyways, check out the big outlet by the Water Park.

Shoes are going to be a challenge for the size. 300 ntd shoes are not hard to find in Gongguan but I wouldn’t trust my feet in them. But then the Chepest I have seen Converse here is about 1000ntd. But they have a myriad of copycats say for canvas shoes, which are still th erage.

1 Like

Thank you.

You were right, Carrefour didn’t have anything.

Thank you Ranlee, it was helpful

Hi guys, I went to a large outlet store across the street. It was super expensive. I mean higher than anywhere I have seen expensive.

Does anyone know where I can buy generic male shoes and plain t-shirts for a good price?

Show me a picture of that so called outlet.

Its the one right at the corner of Roosevelt Rd, right across from McDonalds ad the online tutoring company

7nFOeay

That is like saying it is across a 711…

EDIT:
Furthermore, if it is right on Roosevelt road, it cannot be cheap.

Right across the street from exit 7 at Guting

Hahaha, it is across from a 711 :slight_smile:

I don’t even need to see it to know that it is not an outlet. Outlets I mean like the ones in the US, buig huge multi brand complexes.

The closest thing in your neighborhood is the 2 stores that sell “samples”, clsoe to Daan Park, near the intersection of Xinsheng and Hoping. But last time I went the prices had gone up.

If you do not want to travel a bit, then try the traditional markets. You have several in your neighborhood.

1 Like

Google maps is your friend. You can click the “share” button and copy and paste the provided link onto your reply. Saves everyone time in helping each other.

We did suggest you go to Costco, Carrefour, UNIQLO and/or buy online at Lativ for plain t-shirts. What happened with those?

I’m not sure what generic male shoes is, but if you’re still looking for Chuck’s and think that 1000NT (give or take) is too expensive, then you go can head to the night market and buy the cheap, no brand, wanna be Chucks for 400-600NT. I don’t ever suggest putting nonbranded shoes on your feet, but if you think 1000NT for name brand shoes is expensive, then night markets may be your last chance.

If you’re looking for some discount shoe super store like DSW or Payless in Taiwan, they don’t really exist.

1 Like

He wants Target. Ain’t one here. AFAIK, most outlets in US mean a half hour drive. He wants something within 10 minute walk of his room in Shida. Bit hard.

There is a whole street of shoes in Taipei. But it is not in Kuting. Costco implies a 20 minute bus ride from where he is.

1 Like

I appreciate your help. I don’t want a Target, I am just ignorant of where to go. Not now though because of your guys’ suggestions. I usually walk 5-8 miles a day, so I don’t care how far it is. I will go to Uniqlo after training today. I just thought that there might be a Guang Hua Digital Plaza of clothing, i.e. just cheap generic stuff.

Do you know where the street of shoes is?

Well, there are several area. Uniqlo might not be as cheap as you suggested but tthe stuiff is good quality and lasts.

Bus 241 for Costco.

Shoe street:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293913-i9546-k3338640-Yuanling_Street-Taipei.html

There is a traditional market on that street, Zhengzhong. It has women’s apparell from the department stores at 50 or 100 ntd. It also has stuff for guys. Take bus 18 or 15, get off at Chongquin road -the bookstore road. Or MRT to NTUH. Walk from there.

This is the place in Xindian I was talking about. generic and brand stuff from 50 to 190 ntd: 來自台灣 Outlet Store

Gongguan is also a good place for shopping. Here:

Tingzhou road has a lot of stores with sports apparell at reasonable prices, many shoes on bargain at one time or another.

Try this one: https://www.google.com.tw/maps/place/哈德威運動廣場(黃峰)國旅卡專賣店/@25.014025,121.5333346,20z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x7445ea6254daa991!8m2!3d25.014025!4d121.5336082?hl=es

Tell them the foreigner with the white doggie sent you.

1 Like

The closest thing you’ll find to a “cheap generic stuff” store is RT Mart/Carrefour/Costco. In those stores, you can find what you’re looking for. It’s just that none of those stores are located in the Gongguan/Guting area.

If you want a marketplace like Guanghua that sells clothes, there’s Wufenpu clothes market over by Song Shan Station. You will find the latest in Korean imported clothes, but you won’t find cheap deals there.

A half km radius of this point are your shoe stores. Many of them are on Ding Zhou Street and Momentum stores are on those side streets across from the NTU main gate.

1 Like

Recently purchase ladies plain t-shirt’s cost NTD133/piece and I think the same price as Men’s t-shirt @ Lativ and if you buy worth NTD500 above free delivery.

Uniqlo is also good and I think quality wise much better than lativ.

But meh - no time wondering around for t-shirt’s so just click away on lativ platform then my orders arrive after 2days at work place :smiley:

1 Like