Chin implants common?

Are chin implants for girls common in Taiwan? I seem to notice a lot of girls have abnormally pointed chins especially in their pictures which could be photoshopped.

Mostly Botox strategically placed, many ads for that in magazines, newspapers. The heart shaped face being deemed kawaii…

I don’t think it’s implants. Apparently a lot of cellphones these days can tweak your face shape. When you see girls sitting on the MRT taking selfies, you’ll notice they spend 30 minutes after each shot making themselves look like somebody else.

i thought that was a result of shaving down the bone not implants?

i’ve seen it anyway. the most common surgery seems to be the nose bridge /tall nose surgery. it doesn’t fit the girls asian face and just looks obvious and weird imo. i’m sure double eyelids are a common one too but its not as weird looking as the nose bridge.

One thing I like is that the breast implants here are barely noticeable. Most women have very tasteful ones that could even pass like natural, seriously. Glad to knwo in my old age I can have a fake pair that would have people turning their heads and wondering.

As to the face thing, people - men and women- are getting Botox done at the beauty parlor, with less fuss than having your eyebrows tweeked. Laser is far more expensive. The model for women is squash seed face, with huge eyes -eyelid sirgery plus contacts-, ghost white skin, fake extra large lashes, microbladed thin/thick eyebrows -look like something between a pyramid and a Barbie doll’s. Body stick figure thin with no muscle and protruding elbows and knees, plus two double Ds on top.

I would start on the Western beauty ideal but they just had Ms. Universe and that one look at that is enough.

Well, only from a distance :slight_smile:
Bags of silicone still feel like bags of silicone, unfortunately. And they tend to flop around at odd angles when unrestrained. Very weird.

I must say I’ve not noticed too many extreme modifications here in Taiwan (ie., the barbie-doll look). It seems to be more of a Korean or Japanese thing.