China Correcting Bad English Signage

It’s Taiwan’s turn.

nice

And when they’re finished with that, they’ll crack down on air pollution, no doubt.

2 Likes

Taiwan had a similar initiative a few years ago, cash rewards given for pointing out Chinglish on signs etc., certainly didn’t solve the issue.

1 Like

The Chicoms want to get rid of the only source of humor in their entire country? That sounds like a really bad idea.

3 Likes

do they really know the things that are actually making them lose face or what? cus i thought it was pollution, no human rights, media censorship, acting like butthurt children ect. but it seems banning chinglish and winnie the pooh are more important…

Chicoms? What year are we in? 1956?

2 Likes

woah Dr Milker you gotta chill

I use that term all the time, except with 2 m’s at the end (looks meaner). Did they stop being communists since 1956? Don’t think so.

1 Like

It’s just a direct translation of the Chinese 中共, which is the generally used term. It’s just a shortened version of the official name of both the country 中華人民共和國 and the party that rules it中國共和黨 (with an iron fist). Unless something big happened recently that I don’t know about, they are still in charge of the country, aren’t they?

1 Like

There is no end to how unintentionally funny china is. Did you know it has 5000 years of history and invented everything???

1 Like

I know right, still having a communist government in 2017 is beyond ridiculous. Some day I hope China will move on.

Oh Milker, your comrade Dr. Freud would just love you! :heart: :rofl:

Ha ha, must have been feeling a little too gung ho. No wonder Trump and Xi get along so well. I’ve probably tried on enough Freudian slips to be considered a cross-dresser. Interesting that you’re the only one to spot the “error.”

Actually that would make interesting reading: a paper on how the American parties compare, policy-wise, with the CCP. I wonder who would score the highest on similarity… :ponder:

Actually that was a nice article. I’d heard of the “Racist Park” sign but never actually seen it.

This one is so zen…

1 Like

Either that, or it’s a metaphor for Big Brother. :slightly_smiling_face:

I like Engrish signs. There’s a certain innocent charm to them. That, and they’re often unintentionally hilarious.