China on track to aim 2,000 missiles at Taiwan: report

Hi. This article just popped up in my newsfeed. And I find it very disturbing. Article is dated 2010 which Is pretty wired. Thought it was worth a share.

reuters.com/article/2010/07/ … 3F20100719

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

[quote=“Mr Taiwan”]Hi. This article just popped up in my newsfeed. And I find it very disturbing. Article is dated 2010 which Is pretty wired. Thought it was worth a share.

reuters.com/article/2010/07/ … 3F20100719

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers[/quote]

I wish a few blew up right in their face! :discodance:

They only need about ten to cause panic in Taiwan.

Meh. Whatever. Inadequate men in uniforms shouting “Look at my willy! Look at the size of my fuckin’ willy!”.

They’ve probably got 10,000 targeted at India.

The problem with these “look at all these missiles pointed at us” thing is that it could just as easily be used by the otherside. So we see all these missiles, we get missiels to counter those. Now China sees all these Taiwanese missiles pointed over there, they up their missile count as well. It just leads to a pointless arms race. In an ideal situation, both side would not have any missiles pointed at each other.

Except that China has no reason to believe Taiwan will launch missiles unless attacked first. That’s only a minor difference though. :ponder:

And all thanks to the huge investments made by foreign companies and the ‘Made in China’ cheap buying craze. It’s not only missiles, it’s the whole arms build-up in general.

The adults are here.

Except that China has no reason to believe Taiwan will launch missiles unless attacked first. That’s only a minor difference though. :ponder:[/quote]

To be fair there’s no reason to believe China will launch the missiles unless Taiwan moves toward independence, at least with the current regime.

Hardly keeping the status quo, though, is it now? Unless the status quo is: China always acts as a repeat bully, while Taiwan is squeezed out of existence.

China ratchets up the ante, little by little, yet throws a temper tantrum when Taiwan appears on a list of delegates to a conference as a country (which it is in all respects but recognition by China).

[quote=“urodacus”]Hardly keeping the status quo, though, is it now? Unless the status quo is: China always acts as a repeat bully, while Taiwan is squeezed out of existence.

China ratchets up the ante, little by little, yet throws a temper tantrum when Taiwan appears on a list of delegates to a conference as a country (which it is in all respects but recognition by China).[/quote]

And the Chinese rats that threw the temper tantrum were kicked the fuck out of that conference. Nice.

The question is what is the mentality of the Chinese Soldier. Will they be a happy in an invasion to go running around shooting and killing people. Probably mostly civilians. I’ve seen some to videos of live shows where the PLA is dancing to popular songs and then shouting “kill kill kill”. I’ve met a few Chinese here and they seem nice

2000 missiles? At what point would the number of missiles be considered “over-kill”?

Surely the blast radius of these 2,000 missiles added together would be more than the total land surface area of the island…