CHT (Hi Net) Auto - What is it?

I’m a paid hinet WiFi user and use the standard Wi-Fi w/webpage log on. This Auto thing now appears everywhere. It would be great to be automatically logged on. I pay by the year.
Anyway, I ask them at our village CHT office if and how how I can use it. They say…
Them: Can use I.
Me: I can use it?
Them Can’t. Can’t use…
So what’s the story? Can I use it? How? If not? Why is it everywhere and why not?

If you have a qualifying Chunghwa Telecom mobile plan, your phone will automatically connect to “CHT Auto” wifi access points. There won’t be a need for a passport.

Ah ha… me understand.
I’ve got the minimum 1 GB data plan so, since it’s not unlimited they’d rather have me pass my data allowance than make it easier for me. That auto login portal is just saving them money for a service big spenders already paid for.

Seems kind of stupid forcing me to manually log in every time. I’ve already paid my money. I’ve tried their so called auto login app but still requires me to push a few buttons to get it to log in.
I re apply in November. I will try beg them to add me to the service.

I already live in a wifi bubble. I’ve got it at home. I’ve got it in practically every public space in Taiwan, I really don’t need to spend extra money at this stage to get a better mobile plan.