Circumcision (General Discussion)

I would definitely have to say, the consensus is circumcised guys are just better. Fewer germs, better smell, and more fun.

[quote=“Stasiek”]Well, no one knows women’s opinions better then me, a 25 year old guy.

All women prefer a circumcised penis, that is bent horribly and super ugly…I hope.[/quote]

Whilst web surfing I found 2 more arguments for both sides.

ImaniOU, I would have to think that there are a good share of Hooded Riders and German Helmets with comparable skills in the bed room. Fewer germs and a better smell come from a good washing, not from being circed.

The whole thing about looks is just something that’s been programed into the minds of many as being better. Just like being super thin (for women), having long/short (depending on who you talk to) and having really big muscles. Being circed because of looks reminds me of things like having feet binded or that hour glass look thing. When (most) people look back at the insanely tight girdles and binded feet they say “What the hell were people back in the day thinking”. I assume it will hold true for circumcising.

Yeah whatever, we won :smiley:

Let’s see how tactful I can remain without getting too graphic…

Well, the three worst relationships I have ever had were with the only three men I have dated (to my knowledge) that were not circumcised. I don’t want to make generalizations like that, except what the problems in those relationships related to their uncut state and issues that seemed to stem from this.
The difference between the uber-thin thing/foot binding thing and circumcision is that the former has lasted at the most for a couple hundred years. Circumcision goes back to ancient Egypt. If it were just a fad, then it’s the first one that’s last for thousands of years.
It’s not about looks per se.

And yet, in another thread on what would motivate you to leave Taiwan, you said:

[quote=“ImaniOU”]It would be because as a black woman in Taiwan, I can’t get no lovin’. :frowning:

Europe is my next destination…not that a potential nookie factor was a part of my decision process, but it is definitely a perk.[/quote]

You know of course, that in Europe, the look is au naturel and helmet heads are in the minority. :laughing:

Stolen from http://www.misterpoll.com:

Yes you would have your male children circumcised for
Looks better (41%)
Medical reasions (31%)
Becuse you are (21%)
Relguis beleifs (5%)
1616 total votes

Because you are and looks better are essentially the same. Also, medical reason at such a young age are BOGUS! More kids are seriously injured or worse, then lives saved (any :? ) from getting circed.

And that makes it good/right? Just because everyone else does it… :?

I wasn’t calling it a fad. I’m just assuming as less and less people do it, it won’t be so main stream, until one day people look down on it (like feet binding and things). I still think reasons like not fitting in are “good” reasons, I just wouldn’t do it for that reason, or any (minus medical).

This discussion is starting to remind me of the “The Butter Battle Book”:

You have now entered the big world of Butter. And will experience the big battle between the Yooks and Zooks. And find the truth. This big problem went on for years and they never reached a compromise.

Even though the thought of fighting over how you butter your bread sounds funny, in a way it is a present day reality. Dr. Seuss realized that and wrote this book. He wanted to show not a butter battle, but that a conflict can escalate to a point where it seems that there is no turning back.

Butter Side UP! Hee hee…just kidding.

But I was just sharing my personal opinion. And yes, maoman, I am aware of the Europeans’ dislike of helmet head. But even an uncirced one is better than nothing.

Hey, I just started three sentences with a conjunction…is that a record?

From today’s New York Times:

[quote]Circumcision Opponents Use the Legal System and Legislatures

FARGO, N.D., Jan. 16

The preferred procedure is to get circumcised as a baby.

Hence, this “research” is obviously flawed. Babies don’t engage in intercourse.

Unwilling to wash?!?! What a load of rubbish! Do you have any idea how much time the average teenager spends ‘washing’ his gear? Even at my advanced age, if I don’t have a girlfried in tow I’ll spend twice as long in the shower - and take more showers too! :laughing:

:bulb: The baldies are winning the poll for a very simple reason: there are more Americans here than other nationalities. We had a ‘nationality’ poll, remember? You leatherheads are proclaiming that genital mutilation is the way to go on the basis of the fact that Taiwanese prefer to learn American English.

Yeah, right! Well, what a resounding argument that is. I’ll just go and spoil something that has given me decades of joyous service. Next you’ll be arguing that chopping the end off will help your students achieve a better accent too.

None of my American girlfriends have ever expressed any negative sentiment towards my friend Ernest’s appearance or aroma. (Although there has been some criticism of his incessant ‘friendliness’.) He has always been very popular with anyone that has taken the trouble to get to know him, and he would probably be very upset to learn that someone is not taking the trouble because of how he looks.

But that doesn’t happen often, because (let’s admit it, folks) we’re usually pretty intimate by the time we have to come, er, ‘face to face’ with this issue. And affection for any willy comes from an appreciation for what it can do, so if you don’t like looking at it I suggest you put it to work first - then tell me it smells bad! :smiling_imp:

The extra skin is there for a reason, and arguing for it’s removal is like a smoker arguing that cigarettes don’t harm your sense of smell. I would prefer to be sensitive enough that I can recognize the difference, and appreciate all the subtleties of my woman.

Boomshanka!!

The baldies have one advantage though:
It doesn’t bother them if they have to wear a condom: what’s the difference when you have got rhino’s skin down there anyway.

On the downside:
You have to carry around some Aqualube all the time for some spontaneous handjob action :smiley:

t.ukyo,

You’re wrong. A condom takes away the last little bit of feeling.

When wearing condoms we become veritable sex-machines, capable of all-nighters–at least in theory. :wink:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3570223.stm

Some good news for the leatherheads!! Circumcisions reduces the risk of AIDS.

Surely the best thing to do is to leave this kind of decision up to the individual. Since babies are too young to decide, don’t circumcize. If, when the boy grows up, he is convinced that circumcision is the best choice (because of the lower risk of AIDS and penile cancer, because of aesthetics, or whatever), then he can get it done then. Don’t think no one blames their parents for having cut off part of the penis: Gore Vidal, for one, considered his mother to be a castrating bitch for having had him circumcized.

That’s not really a factor for most of us married guys. :wink:

The rate of circumcision of boys in the U.S. remains high but it is on the decline, about 2% per year.
Acording to mensightmagazine.com, it has “declined from 90% to 60% in recent years and has fallen by 15 percent in five years ('93-'98).”

I never had a choice… :cry: I coulda been a contender… :cry:

Are there any men here who were circumcised as an adult, and so could tell us how sexual response is affected? After all, most men are circumcised as babies, and so are just guessing about whether it has diminished sexual pleasure.

I had a college friend that actually got a circumcision as an adult (he’d been wanting one ever since he became sexually active). He said it’s the best thing he ever did, because it improved his sex life 100% (If I remember correctly, he said something about sex being painful With a foreskin–his didn’t roll back properly).

There was a certain group of boys when I was at school who used to compete to stuff the greatest number of coins into their foreskins. I was never one of them.