CNY bonus for helpers

Hello,

Do you give a CNY bonus for yr part time helper and if so, how much ?

Thank you

If the worker is not covered by the Labor Standards Act, you are not a corporation with bonuses set in your articles of incorporation, and there is no bonus clause in the contract, you should have no legal obligation to pay a bonus.

Thank you.
We are just an ordinary family. Beside the legal aspect, I would be interested to know what most locals and expats really do in general ?
I just want to be fair and do like the rest of us.

My family is aware of the labor regulations, but has always given a little extra to our helper when lunar new year hits.

You’re not required by law, but it doesn’t seem they’ll start a witch hunt if you do.

::EDIT::

Is the helper full time to take care of the elderly or do they come a few times a week to clean the house?

A few times a week just for cleaning.

I think it’s completely up to you then. It comes down to how well they do their job, if they do a little extra and if you guys are on good terms. I think a small amount (of 600 or 1000) wouldn’t hurt.

You also might want to consider them thinking, “I’ve been busting my ass for this family for x amount of months/years, I’ve done more than expectations and all they give me is 600/1000?!”

Ok many thanks, it gives me a much better perspective of what I could do.