Construction Worker Pay, Taipei vs Kaohsiung

Hi. I am writing a presentation on construction worker pay, Taipei vs Kaohsiung, to include both local and foreign workers.

I realize this is a little outside the pale, but rumor has it this would be the place, if there is one, to find people who know such things.

Thanks in Advance,

Brian

You can inquire here and here:

www.mol.gov.tw (Ministry of Labor)
www.mof.gov.tw (Ministry of Finance)

And you can also try contacting each city’s Department of Labor and each city’s branch of the National Taxation Bureau.

There’s some disagreement about the reliability of official figures, as discussed in this thread:

Taipei is a few hundred nt more a day. Like 3-400 more per day for construction.
Source: in-laws are construction workers here.

You can also add National Statistics (https://eng.stat.gov.tw/mp.asp?mp=5) and the Directorate General of Budget, Accounting and Statistics (http://eng.dgbas.gov.tw/mp.asp?mp=2) to the list of resources.

And OP, please brush up on your research skills. You also might want to drop out of any academic programme you are currently enrolled in. Prioritising an online discussion forum run by foreigners targeting a mostly foreign audience over a quick and simple search engine query indicates that you are either not passionate about research or illiterate in identifying the quality of sources. If you need to do your presentation for work, I’d say it’s even worse and you are entirely unqualified for whatever your responsibilities are.

(And to any mod reading my complaint: it did positively contribute to OP’s question, I should be entitled to an opinion)

Thanks for those links. :slight_smile:

Btw have you considered appropriating Grumpy Cat as your avatar?

Hisnhai, thanks for your honesty. The prior poster’s links were useful. Yours were not. So I did receive the help I asked for here, and you got to take out your frustrations, whatever their source, so we have all come out ahead.

I hope you are just having a bad day, and I hope you usually have better ones.

Have a nice day.