Costco brings Black Friday to Taiwan

I’ll be going just to witness the bloodbath…and maybe see if I can steal a flat-screen in the confusion.

Someone should setup a camera and film a time lapse video!

Eh, guys may I remind you people have been killed here in openings of stores and such. Heck no. Stay as far away as possible. Watch it from the comfort of your living room.

1 Like

You lack the spirit of a true Spartan. We should form a line of defense at the entrance, and prevent entry to any Ama/Abei, until eternal glory will embrace us.

Yeah, watching an intrepid reporter get mauled could be fun too. Decisions decisions…

Now I feel like I have to go.

Come back with your shield. Or on it.

My money’s on the amas.

1 Like

Like 2 seconds glory.

2 Likes

That long? 300 Spartans wouldn’t hold the first wave of amas with the whiff of a bargain in their nostrils.

3 Likes

Seriously, don’t they have to apply for permits ir something? Can we stop this with a petition?

I woyld really hate to lose Costco due to a lawsuit and the press riding anti foreigner sentiment to the horizon. This awful idea seems the brainchild of some Troyan horse insider.

Not going to happen: where would all the ama steal…when…collect onions, pickles and sauces?

1 Like

You underestimate the competition. Why, they would just take over the assets, sell all Taiwan made in China cheap stuff. No biggie.

Has been done before.

My God can you imagine the onion station that day

2 Likes

That would be the plot for Mad Max 2; Fury Ama

1 Like

I want a 4K TV though, gana risk it.

1 Like

Godspeed.

I’ll fight you for it, man! You’ll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

yeah and those 55inch tvs are big, someone could def wrestle it from you.

I went to that Nankan Costco grand opening for “the experience”, much like I did once for a Black Friday at a mall in the US.

NEVER AGAIN for either!

2 Likes

I fortunately didn’t make it to the Nankan opening, but heard reports back about the carnage. I think Costco are making a big mistake trialling black Friday in Taiwan.