Costco brings Black Friday to Taiwan

Should make for some good entertainment for us!
:popcorn:

Have I told you about my crossing the Shenzhen/Hong Kong border on New Year? 12 hours in line with a million people pushing to get on a train…

This sounds like that.

It’s already Battle Royale on regular weekends there. Why would you even consider crossing the border on that day.

El que no sabe es como el que no ve. The ignorant is like the blind.

I was following my cousins to Granny’s. Never again. At least not in New Year or by train.

That is horrendous

New Year is ok. New Year + train…never.

I traveled by private van across the SZ and HK border and that’s also a long ass wait. I can only imagine what it’s like to be stuck in that terminal for a whole day.

1 Like

Terminal? I couldn’t see the floor, let alone the walls as we marched 12 hours straight being ferried like cattle to a container…

Those are the private cars at the border. Not the train.

Wonder how is it now with teh new high speed link. Shiver, shiver.

I get the feeling it won’t be like the USA. Costco Taiwan won’t announce what’s on sale, so you have to go into the store to see what’s on sale. That probably won’t lead to long lines of potential rioters like in the USA.

However, it might be more crowded than usual this weekend.

Jot your name and address in indelible ink on your arm first.

Camera phones + Facebook = Ama phalanx by 10am

Agreed. Anyone who goes there these days does so at their own peril.

Please remember the event will take place for 3 days. meaning Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So for God’s sake stay away this weekend!

But I need an olive 3-pack

Any weekend.

So anyone know what is on special yet lol ?

Unless they changed their hours for the event, they don’t open until 10.

Waiting for the pictures of people lining up to enter…

I’m hearing buy on tv get the second one for free from a co-worker.

I guess people are lining up and employees are leaking sales.

Traffic is totally fucked for blocks around the Zhonghe one, cars lined up down the road and across intersections in all directions, took me like 15 friggin minutes to get past it.

Thanks Jeff Sessions

1 Like