CPBL English Website

Hey baseball fans

A couple of friends and I have decided enough is enough with the CPBL’s lack of English information. So we started a website. It’s pretty simple for now but it should have everything the casual CPBL fan would look for. Articles, rosters, game previews/recaps, upcoming games, etc. It’s available at www.cpblenglish.com, so check it out, let us know what you think and be sure to tell your baseball friends!

Thanks
Brandon

that is awesome. I will be checking it throughout the season.

Nice! Hope I can catch some games this year. Thanks.

Looks like you guys are writing all the articles, pretty impressive.

Thanks guys. And yeah, there are three of us doing all the writing/posting. Just a fun little side project. Enjoy!

Are you guys planning to do some interviews in the future?

[quote=“brandondubreuil”]Hey baseball fans

A couple of friends and I have decided enough is enough with the CPBL’s lack of English information. So we started a website. It’s pretty simple for now but it should have everything the casual CPBL fan would look for. Articles, rosters, game previews/recaps, upcoming games, etc. It’s available at cpblenglish.com, so check it out, let us know what you think and be sure to tell your baseball friends!

Thanks
Brandon[/quote]

I’ve never been much interested in baseball, but I like what you guys are doing. Keep up the good work, and best of luck!

last night probably deserve a post or two. Brothers’ dramatic come back is pretty much what the game is all about.

cpblenglish.com/2016/04/brot … nos-9.html

I see you have done just that! great article.

ptt.cc/bbs/Baseball/M.1461769406.A.72D.html

the PTT villagers are on to your site

Great Searle interview. Although, as great as it is to hear Ryan adapting so well, Lamigo Monkeys’ tendency to have foreign players pitch from both rotation and bullpen always worries me.

With Mike Loree and Jared Lansford, both former Lamigo Monkeys pitchers, returning as Rhinos, it’d be interesting to hear what they have to say about making the switch.

The grandma of an EDA player threw the openning pitch yesterday, and she’s got quite an arm.

This is cool, do you know which stadium is closest to Taipei city? my new gf is from italy and doesn’t understand baseball, as a baseball guy, i can’t have that lol. She must learn!!!

technically no team calls Taipei or New Taipei city home. However, 3 out of the 4 teams would occasionally play at Xinzhuang stadium this season. There is a series at Xinzhuang between the Monkeys and the Brothers this weekend.

I would highly recommand making a trip to Taoyuan Monkeys’ home stadium near Taoyuan HSR station though. It’s the most professionally managed and organized stadium, and a genuine Taiwan experience. You can get tickets at FamilyMart’s FamiPort. If you go to a game anywhere else, it would offer more of a night market experience.

technically no team calls Taipei or New Taipei city home. However, 3 out of the 4 teams would occasionally play at Xinzhuang stadium this season. There is a series at Xinzhuang between the Monkeys and the Brothers weekend.

I would highly recommand making a trip to Taoyuan Monkeys’ home stadium near Taoyuan HSR station though. It’s the most professionally managed and organized stadium, and a genuine Taiwan experience. You can get tickets at FamilyMart’s FamiPort. If you go to a game anywhere else, it would offer more of a night market experience.[/quote]

Thanks,
I will have to take her to a game, idk if it’s going to be boring for her, but its surprising I don’t follow much of the CPBL or even gone to a game yet.

Best sports celebrity commercial in Taiwan ever made. Skoda’s Yeti ad featuring Lamigo Monkeys’ Chen Chin-feng (former Dodgers).

New York Times did a piece on 2 ex-professional baseball players here in Taiwan, star players for the then Brother Elephants, Chen Chih-yuan and Tsai Feng-an. They were truly stars, doing numerous TV ads every year. Chen especially went on various variety shows even after he was banned from baseball.

The two players, were the only ones insisted they never fixed or promised to fix a single game in the 2009 trials. In the article it almost sounds like Chen sort of admitted to the allegations.

The article at least mentioned how game fixing isn’t just happening in Taiwan. Players from the Tokyo Giants were caught in a game fixing scandal recently. However it failed to mention gambling scandals in Korea, which seems to be a recurring phenomenon in the past couple of years. Japanese and Korean baseball seem totally unaffected by these scandals though, which is the completely opposite of what repeatedly happened to Taiwan’s professional baseball.

So after EDA sold the team to Fubon Bank because the CEO got tired of the team losing, the team managed to win the 2016 Championship with their last season as EDA Rhinos. It’s hilarious.

Fubon took their sweet time to decide their new team name and mascot, and they settled with… Fubon Guardians (富邦悍將)

Fubon Guardians? Not a fan of that name…