Criminal record/Entry ban stamp

I’m assuming this is related to your arrest for shoplifting that you talked about in your other thread?

Anyway, don’t think there’s any way around doing the time. You live and learn, and sometimes the lessons are harsh. Good luck!

So in this case, I assume op has already registered for egate. Will the police notify the NIA to cancel the egate registration?

Yeah you’re right. Just a bit worried that this might affect my future travels to other countries. If I get a nasty stamp on my passport or a note pops up in the database when they scan my passport, I might get denied entry to other countries :frowning:

If this happens, foreigners don’t need to submit criminal records to get visa.

1 Like

So that means when other countries scan my passport at immigrations, they won’t see my entry ban (not the criminal record but an entry ban) to Taiwan?

I don’t know. If I were OP, I would not try without confirmation.

I thought you settled the shoplifting matter, didn’t you?

Have you asked the police to confirm your record?

I thought the deal was to avoid a criminal record.
If one was going to get a record anyway, I would have rolled the dice with a not guilty plea

Yeah I did settle. But before settling, police recorded me while asking questions and made me admit the crime in front of the recording camera. I asked if I can not do that, he said the store has reported me to police so this stage can’t be skipped, however if i can settle with the store theres a chance that the court trial be avoided.

the deal was for that the store wont pursue legal actions against me. :frowning:

It’s still not clear whether that puts you in the category of a person they won’t let back in or not. I would ask the police exactly what’s in their database (and also talk to a lawyer). You need to know how to plan your future.

1 Like

I don’t understand why it matters if custom officials from other countries see that OP was banned from Taiwan. Afaik, countries don’t ban you just because you were banned somewhere else.

Some do (not for the banning part, but for the criminal record part).

So today I called the NIA and how amazing they have this 24hr hotline service. They said criminal record (in and outside Taiwan) doesn’t affect ARC extension eligibility, as far as alien has a legal purpose to reside in Taiwan they can extend their ARC.

1 Like

Sounds like you got bluffed into providing a confession.

Great news. Submit the application and see what happens.