Current News and Info on Post-quake Nuclear Problems

Oh, Tepco shares dropped someting like 28% yesterday to hit their lowest level yet…ouch.

Any particular bad news to explain that? Or do “they” know something “we” don’t?

Time to start thinking about buying? :ponder:

消す

Unfortunately there is a lot of bad news about the situation in Fukushima and beyond, and this will not end in the foreseeable future - but the situation doesn’t much make the news any longer (not much in Japan and even less outside of Japan). And Taiwan, where nuclear power plants are located next to the largest urban center of the country, has gone back to sleep…

I don’t if we can rest on this lack of information. Japan has been very good about lobbying media sources to keep this under wraps. We still have leaks in the water of plutonium and uranium. How does that affect drinking water, cooking/washing food and rain clouds? Also, if anything new develops… how will we know. Japan isn’t going to say. I think Taiwan is still close enough to be in fear, though not like Tokyo or Fukishima.

Not everything can be hidden, and not everybody wants to hide things, so there is some information. And one place where available information has been analyzed and is still being analyzed is that discussion thread in the physicsforums at
physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=480200
Since the whole thread there is way to much for anybody to handle, i’d recommend having a look there for somewhere at the beginning of June (for example with this link):
physicsforums.com/showthread … 0&page=550
Politicians may be eager to let this topic lapse, but it won’t die…

消す

Well that’s good news… for once. Someone sent me a horrible article about how Tokyo will have to be evacuated sooner or later… I had not taken it very seriously - but still, it was depressing…

消す

Well, radioactive cesium has apparently now made its way up the food chain and into human bellies.

[quote=“CNN”]cesium contaminated meat from six Fukushima cows was delivered to Japanese markets and probably ingested…This was preceded by another recent discovery of radiation in the meat of 11 cows delivered to Tokyo from the same farm…The discovery was made when Tokyo’s office of health and welfare investigated six deliveries made at the end of June from a Fukushima farm. So far, radiation has been confirmed from three out of the six cows. In one case, radiation reached 3400 Becquerels, which is about seven times the limit set by the government.

When the Fukushima Prefectural Government, on Monday, investigated the farm from which the meat was delivered, cesium was found in cattle feed such as hay, with radiation levels as much as 57 times higher than the ceiling set by the Japanese government.[/quote] source

消す

消す

It’s going to make its way into the food supply sooner or later.

And then??

Who Cares???

We stand together.

We die together.

The only way yoiu can escape this shit is if all the gvts in the world band together and form a platform where we can’t take any movement or progress of the poisonous materials as normal…

Speak for yourself. My apartment building has a nuclear bomb shelter.

Peace out all.

消す

[quote=“KanPi”]
We won’t die. We just got bitten by radioactive cows and everybody knows what happens after that.[/quote]
The rise of Cow Man? :smiley:

Update: German news says they just took the highest measurements since the quake. Two spots exceeding 10 Sievert per hour. Also commenting on japanese news pretty much ignoring this.