Daily Photos 2017

Balcony snapshots by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

Balcony snapshots by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

2 Likes

Nomzilla by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

Nomzilla by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

1 Like

I was only in the countryside for about a month but I still miss the stray dogs. There was one who even came into the Family Mart at around midnight. I also miss the banana trees, fireflies, and free drinks at lunch box shops. :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought you said you were bored there? So you left lugong or yulin or wherever it was? Where did you move to now?

I wasn’t so much bored there, as I just felt isolated. I was literally the only foreigner in town and my Chinese is just at novice level. People in the small town are really quite friendly.
And beyond that, I was offered a chance to do a job that I could not pass up. So I decided to go back to Taipei, otherwise, I probably would have went to Taichung (although I like both Taipei and Taichung). :slightly_smiling_face:

Longtan Lake - 龍潭大池 - Yilan county - 宜蘭縣 by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

1 Like

Untitled by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

Beautiful. Where?

emergent by Dr. Milker, on Flickr

it’s a place near zhongxiao dunhua station, but i can’t remember the name right now

Snake on the rice field by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

Snake on the rice field by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

Taken right below my balcony…dafuq. Some birds scared it away making some really loud noises, never heard those birds (Myna?) screeching so loud.

1 Like

Imgur

台北世界大學運動會官方網站 - Taipei Universiade 2017 - Athletes’ Village Media Day & Opening Ceremony by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

台北世界大學運動會官方網站 - Taipei Universiade 2017 - Athletes’ Village Media Day & Opening Ceremony by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

2 Likes

a star is born by Dr. Milker, on Flickr

1 Like

FB_IMG_1503203378642

I arrived very early and got a nice front spot, but so far from the center.

1 Like

I found some very beautiful pictures of this bird online. It says the location is Taiwan DCView 數位視野 - 作品發表區 - 蘆竹 青箱 鷦鶯

Does anyone know what’s the english name of this bird?

1 Like

It looks like a kind bird that I see in yilan very often, the way it turns around and shakes ass/tail is amusing. Also, those flowers are very common in the countryside in Taiwan. I don’t know the name of the bird, though, but it shouldn’t be too difficult to find.

Side note: I want that photographer’s lens

Thanks for information. Photographer has given its chinese name 蘆竹 青箱 鷦鶯 but googling its translation is not helping!

鷦鶯 , th8s one is the bird, in Google you can find the name
Fml, that guy’s lens costs like a car, I’ll give it a pass

I had a local friend who does photography as a hobby said he was looking for a “press” pass to take pictures.

He said Universiade were pretty damn strict about handing out press passes this time. Assuming you were there as press, how’d you get yours? Please don’t say black magic…

…because I would actually believe that.

1. I’m handsome
  2. Ibis is erloominatee: confirmed
  3. when I sent the application, I gave them my “resume” (my own website, some work I did before etc)
  4. I’m a foreigner, so not giving me the pass would have been racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist and Buddhismphobic

Ps: all of the above are true, not either/or