Daily Photos 2017

pedestrian safety by Dr. Milker, on Flickr

1 Like

No.

1 Like

I live surrounded by rice fields, spiders are my best allies in my daily struggle against annoying bugs, ants, mozzies and all sort of other nasty natural things.

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYq7m7Caw7A

Not really a picture, but the moment I opened my windows this morning I decided to make a quick timelapse of the weather. Definitely an interesting time of the year.

1 Like

It sure rains a lot in Yilan, but it are plenty of rainier, colder places elsewhere in the world.

Sure, but I don’t live in those places so I cannot complain about them >_>

Nevertheless, the cloud “ceiling” and changes in weather mood are impressive in this video about Yilan.

I’d love to live in Yilan, if it weren’t for the typhoons, earthquakes, off-the-charts UV, etc.

I wasn’t expecting such a change in 12 hours, has it been the same in Taipei this week?

HEY, WE MAY HAVE TYPHOONS, EARTHQUAKES, OFF-THE-CHARTS UV etc., BUT AT LEAST WE DON’T…uhm…shut up, you racist!

We actually had some similar clouds floating through Taipei today, but they were moving a whole lot slower :slight_smile: and the overall scene wasn’t quite so picturesque.

Nightsky snapshots by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

First starry night of the year, yay! The pic sucks because there was the Moon behind me and the lights of Yilan city from the other direction. I’m hoping tonight the sky will be as clear as yesterday between 9 and 11, before the Moon shows up from the horizon.

hair by Dr. Milker, on Flickr

by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

So many cherry/sakura/flowery thingies showing up recently.

2 Likes

Indeed. I love it in Xindian because you’d be walking down and alley and voila, ther eis this gorgeous sakura right in the middle of the urban sprawl.

You’d have to go to Wulai to enjoy a sight like that, but I think people who live in communities like New Graden City do enjoy such beauty in their backyard.

Sanzhi must be gorgeous right now. There is also this area in Sanxia which is not that crowded.

Dates:

Sites:

Look at these pics:

by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

1 Like

ready to rumble by Dr. Milker, on Flickr

1 Like

Untitled by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

Untitled by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

1 Like

I like the irony. They paint scenic mountains on the boxes, and then forbid you to climb on them.

feelsbadman