Daily Photos 2017

worth it!

Rice field dogs by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

“Is that the atoha who always brings me food?”

“Yay, it’s him! But does he have any food, or is he just here to waste my time?”

“Holy $&%^ of ^#^$, he has a ji pai!”

“You fool, your puny ji pai will not be enough to bribe me”

4 Likes

love the smile on the first dog

Not exactly squirrel food, but it will do by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

1 Like

Black Drongo (Dicrurus macrocercus) by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

It’s called Black Drongo but it’s not really black. Have we been lied to all this time? Will science ever recover?

2 Likes

Same happens to my black tshirts. Probably the acid rain.

Pano by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

1 Like

urban tranquility by Dr. Milker, on Flickr

2 Likes

Yuanlin 員林 - sunset pano by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

3 Likes

bask by Dr. Milker, on Flickr

1 Like

Some really cool pictures in this thread, guys. Well done!

Not sure if it’s the right thread to ask but : is there some photo groups or stuffs like that in Taipei?
I’ve seen an old thread talking about it but it’s not updated anymore.

repose by Dr. Milker, on Flickr

creature of the night by Dr. Milker, on Flickr

4 Likes

Flowers and bees by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

2 Likes

Lunch break by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

1 Like

Wow, that’s crisp for a night shot. Shutter at 1/200? Did you have a take a lot of shots or did this cat stayed really still?

1 Like

If I recall correctly, he was walking out from behind the scooter to say hi, and then he heard a sound, went into a slight crouch and turned his head toward the sound. That’s the moment I caught him at, although slightly later because his ears are no longer perked forward. I was lucky to have the time to focus on his face, because the face detect doesn’t work on cat faces. :slight_smile:

I own two Olympus cameras. One is a waterproof camera, and the other is EM5 Mk II.

The waterproof camera has a pet face detection mode, where it would automatically snap a shot when every my cat’s face is in focus. The far more expensive EM5 Mk II doesn’t have this mode… which should have been a piece of cake for them to include this feature.

I’m guessing their reasoning is that “serious” photographers don’t go around taking cute pet pictures or something like that. It would definitely be a useful feature.

The autofocus on my EM10 II is pretty quick and accurate in most conditions, but the camera has a serious tendency to back focus when subjects are moving, especially toward the camera…no matter how fast the shutter speed is.

This holds true for face detection too. If the subject is moving at all, I never trust the face detection when it tells me it has focus. I usually resort to reducing the focus box to the smallest size and using the touchscreen to focus and shoot.

1 Like

that insect is a so-called velvet ant, actually a solitary wasp from the Mutillidae family.

sorry for the late reply. Normally im faster on insect ID